Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going through the same thing. On Feb 1st, I received an updated EDD of 2/5-2/18. Updated each day thereafter to now which is 2/9-2/18.

OD - 1/18
MYLR White/Black 20 inch wheels
I don't know which is better or worse,
ordered on the 18th had one estimated delivery update to Feb 16- March 2 then nothing changes Still have the edit button as well But afraid to add a hitch over worry it will push the date back
As long as TESLA delivers by the March 2 date I am/will be happy

OD 1/14/23 LR /blue/black/19/tow. Gilroy, ca

i received a text last week from my SA stating that my vehicle was scheduled to be built and delivered this week.

EDD 1/31-2/13, 2/1-2/14, 2/2-2/15,ext

EDD has been changing everyday moving one day out each time.

Decided to change to P yesterday morning after I saw that I could still get the old price. my new EDD is 2/9-2/18 but I think it takes a day or two to update.

Hopefully I keep the same EDD

Reactions: geekfam and chobra
EDD updated this morning!

MYLR, W/B/19
OD - 1/15, EDD - Jan~Mar
1/16: Pre-delivery tasks completed
1/18: EDD - 2/8~3/8
2/9: EDD - 2/19~3/5

My only concern is that I will be traveling on 2/24 for about 2 weeks so hopefully they can make it happen at the first a few days of the window.. but what are the chances?

OD 1/23 MYLR MSM White interior 5 seats
EDD 3/4-3/31

Just got vin today and got a text to schedule delivery!
EDD 2 - 2/14-2/23

Does anyone know a good credit union or bank that has low interest that approves within a weekish? I was thinking of tower federal credit union but I heard they take a while. I am looking at First Republic Bank now.
congrats on getting the vin! i am have the same configuration with the induction wheels. hopefully i will get a vin real soon!

VINs are either assigned when the car is finished and comes off the production line OR when the car arrives at the delivery centre. So sometimes you can get a VIN when it arrives in Florida and then they will ask you to come get it within 3 days. I'm not sure what determines when a VIN is assigned...it seems VINs assigned after transport are always when they travel to states well away from the factories but this still only happens sometimes and it is still more common to have VIN assigned as it finishes production even for states far away from factories.
Don't all Tesla's with with non structural battery packs have the VIN on the Pack ID label.?
Seems like a Lot of trouble to place that label at a delivery center ..

Heck even the dash placement of the VIN plate seems a hard to do thing after a windshield install?

VINs are either assigned when the car is finished and comes off the production line OR when the car arrives at the delivery centre. So sometimes you can get a VIN when it arrives in Florida and then they will ask you to come get it within 3 days. I'm not sure what determines when a VIN is assigned...it seems VINs assigned after transport are always when they travel to states well away from the factories but this still only happens sometimes and it is still more common to have VIN assigned as it finishes production even for states far away from factories.

I believe cars are *usually* assigned as they come off the production line and are scheduled for shipment. However, once that happens, it's possible for the order to be canceled. If an order cancellation happens while the vehicle is already in the shipment process, it is probably matched to the next order in line at the destination it is already planned for. So in that case, it's possible for someone to "jump the line" and get a VIN with a very fast delivery date. If no matching orders are found, then the car becomes available in the general inventory of that Tesla location.

Don't all Tesla's with with non structural battery packs have the VIN on the Pack ID label.?
Seems like a Lot of trouble to place that label at a delivery center ..

Heck even the dash placement of the VIN plate seems a hard to do thing after a windshield install?
Arbitrage was replying to my post about adding a VIN to your online profile, not when it’s stamped onto the car.

What I was saying is some folks don’t see their vin on the website or app until the car is actually at the delivery center vs. getting it before transport or even before production.

And the SA wouldn't let you change the pickup location to the Riverside location?

He said He can change it but there's a chance it could delay the delivery by a bit. It's no big deal, they're both the same distance from me anyway. It's going to boil down to a timing issue for me, EDD is 3/10-3/31 and the wife is pregnant and due on 3/13 so crossing my fingers it works out for me to LOL

Reactions: rizradmd
Arbitrage was replying to my post about adding a VIN to your online profile, not when it’s stamped onto the car.

What I was saying is some folks don’t see their vin on the website or app until the car is actually at the delivery center vs. getting it before transport or even before production.
Ah , OK Thanks For that . Now I understand and it makes sense.

He said He can change it but there's a chance it could delay the delivery by a bit. It's no big deal, they're both the same distance from me anyway. It's going to boil down to a timing issue for me, EDD is 3/10-3/31 and the wife is pregnant and due on 3/13 so crossing my fingers it works out for me to LOL
Congratulations on a few new additions to your family coming soon! :p

Final (?) Update -

OD 1/13
EDD 2/3 - 2/17
VIN received 2/2 ~ 5pm
Updated EDD 2/10 - 2/17
Delivery set for 2/14
Text from SA on 2/7 that the car is on site. Given the option of choosing an earlier delivery date.
Delivery set for 2/9 @ 4:30

MSM / White / 19s / 5 seat
Fremont VIN
Liberty Lake, WA Service Center

That seems to be the most likely. Because of the way vins are located in different places on the frame, it is more likely to be applied to the vehicle at beginning of build.
Absolutely. A VIN is assigned to a vehicle when it is scheduled for production before production actually begins - that's how it is tracked during and after production. If I were an automaker, I would wait to disclose the VIN to the consumer until after the vehicle had successfully rolled off the assembly line and there was a high degree of confidence that the vehicle would actually arrive.