Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my blue MY on Friday morning, 1/13/2023. I am scheduled to pick it up Saturday, 1/21/2023. That's just 8 days from when I placed my order. If there is a blue MY in inventory and close to your location, the delivery date could be just days from the time that you place your order.

where do you guys see the VIN info?
I am on their website. Logged in..
VIN will show where your RN# shows before you get a VIN. Like on the Dashboard before you click through to Manage your order. You also will get an MVPA that shows it once it is assigned. It may be slightly different location before you take delivery. Once you take delivery the webpage changes and you get full access to the app which is totally different than what the app looks like before delivery.

Back to the waiting game after picking up an M3 last summer. Got my first EDD yesterday after ordering an MYLR on 1/15 (see order details below). Kinda happy that I get to wait a while for the MY because I would like to know what's happening with HW4 before accepting the car.
Will be interesting to see if anything is announced in the next month or so. I’m not holding my breath on HW4 announcements this early in the year.

Reactions: tm3lrawd
Anyone from Minnesota have updates on their Y? OD: 1/13/23 EDD: 1/22-2/5 No VIN yet. Wondering where your Y was built.

White, Black int, 19", tow
Here is my order (placed after test drive in Eden Prairie, MN):

MYLR Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Gemini
OD 1/14 1:00pm CST
EDD Originally gave Jan-March
EDD changed to Jan 26th- Feb 23 on 1/18
No VIN assigned, yet

Reactions: WyoDude
SoCal Area
OD: 1/13
Delivery Scheduled: 1/20
MYLR: White/Black, 19", Tow
VIN assigned: PA051xxx

Curious if others with VINs out of Austin are in the same range or if I was assigned someone’s reject. Seeing other Austin VINs in the 059xxx range which has me questioning the car I’m getting.
Could be your spec. It seems white interiors are coming out from Fremont more. Black interiors are coming from Austin regardless of where you are. Have no hard evidence supporting it other than what I’m observing from this thread

Could be your spec. It seems white interiors are coming out from Fremont more. Black interiors are coming from Austin regardless of where you are. Have no hard evidence supporting it other than what I’m observing from this thread
AFAIK, to date, there has never been a white interior out of Austin.

which build are better?
I think the Fremont build have advantage to have Matrix headlights.
Is that the only difference?
the quality issues that people posting are coming from Austin or Fremont?

which build are better?
I think the Fremont build have advantage to have Matrix headlights.
Is that the only difference?
the quality issues that people posting are coming from Austin or Fremont?
Yes only difference right now is Fremont have a good chance at Matrix (although Tesla sometimes reverts back at any given moment so you can't bet on it).
I'm not sure if Austin is using front castings...people thought they were and then people thought they weren't. Structural battery is only in the MYAWD 4680 cells out of Austin (I think).

There have been QC complaints out of both factories. I think quality is fairly even between them. Austin have harder to close doors sometimes...seems to work itself out over time.

All I know is after reading all the QC complaints on here I went to delivery expecting the worst. I couldn't find a single thing out of place on my car. I was thinking of rejecting the car regardless because I was the week of 2022 to 2023 changeover and there were 2023 sitting next to my 2022 on the lot. But because the QC was so good on my 2022, and I had USS, I just took delivery and never looked back. I missed out on the unicorn cars by a few weeks (2023 with USS and with Matrix). My week didn't have Matrix, was the last week of 2022 but did still have USS. If I'd rejected I may have had to wait too long and would have received a 2023 without USS and still no Matrix. Matrix/NoMatrix was changing week to week in Oct/Nov.

SoCal Area
OD: 1/13
Delivery Scheduled: 1/20
MYLR: White/Black, 19", Tow
VIN assigned: PA051xxx

Curious if others with VINs out of Austin are in the same range or if I was assigned someone’s reject. Seeing other Austin VINs in the 059xxx range which has me questioning the car I’m getting.
I hope it's not a reject but I got a PA044xxx that was a hot mess less than a week ago.
Rejected it.

same config i have ordered as well. What time on 1/13 did you place your order? I did mine at 10 pm. another question I have is, when did you complete the tasks on the tesla app? For me its still showing Jan-Mar.
Red batches are way less frequent compared to White, MSM and DBM. Probably they are waiting to have enough Red orders to run a batch. Other consideration is Tesla like to deliver CA cars late in the quarter when they don't have time to transport the latest builds to other parts of the US. But they still deliver lots to CA throughout the quarter...just sometimes they may delay some CA to get cars shipped further out and make deliveries before March 31st.

Reactions: mt247