Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discount tire Got in my car without key 😮

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His car was just never locked. Like he says the guy was going to another Tesla so he probably jumped in your car soon after you got out. That or you turned off bluetooth or did one of the many other things that keeps it from locking.
Do see post #27, with info Tesla Service reported from the car's logs:
The "confirmation" I received was that they saw my phone + Bluetooth LOCKING the car. And an "authorized card" UNLOCKING the car.
Maybe they misread the logs or looked at the wrong time period, otherwise it rules out your hypothesis.

Do see post #27, with info Tesla Service reported from the car's logs:

Maybe they misread the logs or looked at the wrong time period, otherwise it rules out your hypothesis.

It's unreliable tech info. Tech said they see someone locking the car with an app. He did do that but it was when he locked the person inside. We know this for a fact because he looked and seen his brake lights and AC turned on. That doesn't happen unless someone is inside the car. Even if you leave your car unlocked these things turn off.

Tesla supposedly said then an authorized key is used. Do we know for sure that means an actual key card was used? And for what? If this person was already locked inside they did not need a key card. It's possible the data is just logged as an authorized key unlock when they open the door from inside. They might not even have a data set to record an unauthorized unlock because the outside handles are electric so it cannot happen. If the car knew it was an unauthorized unlock it wouldn't allow it so there would be nothing to record...Therefore every unlock is an authorized key use. That is the only way to unlock.

Just a theory..

Reactions: XPsionic
Found this thread because I could not unlock my Model 3's the trunk at the grocery store with my iPhone in my front pocket. Never had the problem with Samsung phone.

I guess manually locking the car is a good idea esp if your dog is enjoying HVAC inside.

Last edited:
Found this thread because I could not unlock my Model 3's the trunk at the grocery store with my iPhone in my front pocket. Never had the problem with Samsung phone.

I guess manually locking the car is a good idea esp if your dog is enjoying HVAC inside.
I've had problems with the Tesla App losing it's connection on both Android and IOS devices. Switch Airplane Mode on and off usually forces a reconnection and all will be good.