Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did i go overboard ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How I save money:
  • Ordered Tesla Charger ($500)
  • me: went with NEMA 14-50 charger. Installed plug myself. cost around $100.
  • Ordered Keyfob($150)
  • me: ok with phone key
  • Ordered USB Drive for Sentry ($40)
  • me: bought samsung T5 and USB hub cost around $80
  • Ordered Wireless Charger ($40)
  • me: GF bought Taptes for me cost $0
  • Set up an appointment for XPel Stealth Full Wrap, Xpel XR+ tint, Ceramic coat exterior, Ceramic coat interior ($6000)
  • me: full front Stek dyno. ceramic coat whole exterior cost around $1600+$100
Total $1880. I could save more if I have time to do PPF. Hood, fenders, mirror and headlights are pretty easy.

Reactions: nomis_nehc
Another point for not wasting money on the wrap: you said you haven't driven a model 3. Maybe wait until you live with it for a little while. I see so many who purchased a Model 3, end up selling it a few months later because the can't stand the harsh ride quality and cabin noise. Not trying to change your mind, but as it was said, that full wrap will be hard to sell if you want to get rid of the car at some point...

Another point for not wasting money on the wrap: you said you haven't driven a model 3. Maybe wait until you live with it for a little while. I see so many who purchased a Model 3, end up selling it a few months later because the can't stand the harsh ride quality and cabin noise. Not trying to change your mind, but as it was said, that full wrap will be hard to sell if you want to get rid of the car at some point...
Good point. As I pointed out to the other guy, I have about 2 weeks before my appointment so hopefully I'll get a feeling for if any major things are bothering me and if I should hold off

Reactions: cucubits
I spent $500 on a ceramic coating. $6,000 on a wrap is ridiculous. You won’t get one penny of that back on resale. That is more than 10% of the purchase price. I’d rather have a Performance car for the extra money.

And people tend to forget that clear bra doesn't last forever. If your car is parked outside during the day and/or night, it's going to start looking like crap and need to be replaced in about 5 years. It's no fun taking clear bra off just a front end job, so I can't imagine what it's like having to remove it from an entire car.

So add up the cost, $6000 for first 5 years of protection, then $xxxx to remove it, and $6000 for the next 5 years. Doesn't make sense.

And people tend to forget that clear bra doesn't last forever. If your car is parked outside during the day and/or night, it's going to start looking like crap and need to be replaced in about 5 years. It's no fun taking clear bra off just a front end job, so I can't imagine what it's like having to remove it from an entire car.

So add up the cost, $6000 for first 5 years of protection, then $xxxx to remove it, and $6000 for the next 5 years. Doesn't make sense.
Xpel does provide a 10 year warranty including labor against yellowing, bubbling etc

Reactions: nomis_nehc