Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did i go overboard ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Xpel does provide a 10 year warranty including labor against yellowing, bubbling etc
Transferable though?

I know a lot of people say “this is the last car I’ll ever buy” or something along those lines but at some point something shinier or better will come along and dollars to donuts most will want to buy it. I know I’ve had thoughts of trading my P3D+ in on a PYD but ultimately decided against the idea until there’s another major improvement in real world range through denser batteries or at the least a larger pack for a price that isn’t exhorbitant.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Transferable though?

I know a lot of people say “this is the last car I’ll ever buy” or something along those lines but at some point something shinier or better will come along and dollars to donuts most will want to buy it. I know I’ve had thoughts of trading my P3D+ in on a PYD but ultimately decided against the idea until there’s another major improvement in real world range through denser batteries or at the least a larger pack for a price that isn’t exhorbitant.
Oh I don't know about transferring it. Just stating that if it crapped out in 5 years and I still had the car I wouldn't have to spend more on it. I'm fully aware I wouldn't get the value back out of it on resale. It's whether I would get the value out of it while I own the car due to higher enjoyment (due to the matte/stealth look and it staying pristine)

Reactions: ElectricIAC
The Taptes hub won’t distribute power the way the Navak will. The Navak ensures the wireless pad gets a full 2.1A of juice, and then the USB stick on the other leg of the splitter gets the rest. Made by one of our own TMC members specifically for Model 3. One of my favorite addons.

uh.... something fishy here. How does the Navak limit current?

Well, OP did ask the question “Did I go overboard”? So if you solicit other people’s opinions, you will get them.
And I'm fine with it. It appears the answer is yes I did lol.

Some very valid points have been brought up though. I'll definitely be thinking through any doubts on the car while I'm waiting for the appointment on the wrap. TBH though I'm more second guessing trading in my SHO before I've even really driven a Model 3 ... That's the crappy part about their system when you don't have a showroom nearby

C88D3C61-A86E-46E7-BA77-559379E0D61C.jpeg CAD99E80-4F97-4B4E-9795-3DA1122B8013.jpeg
Well, OP did ask the question “Did I go overboard”? So if you solicit other people’s opinions, you will get them.
Fair enough. Just a little ironic when people critique the financial efficacy of a new car purchase at all. They are money pits. But damn, the Performance sure is fun.

As requested ...

CAD99E80-4F97-4B4E-9795-3DA1122B8013.jpeg
C88D3C61-A86E-46E7-BA77-559379E0D61C.jpeg

Last edited:
I went with Xpel PPF in the front end @ $1800.00 and rocker panels for an extra $450.00, very happy with it as most damage and paint chips come from the front. 11 months with the model 3 and it still looks new, not one paint chip or damage so I can say the Xpel has done its job so far. Here in San Diego full PPF wrap is also $6000.00.... I couldn’t see that because the whole top is glass.

Waiting for Elon to drop the price on AP to 2k and then I will get it. My model Y will have AP so I get to mess with it there.

Fred

• Funny
Nice choices focusing on the protection first. I'm guessing the roads in Kansas are as bad as Nebraska and I tell everyone they MUST at minimum get PPF for the rocker panels. Mine looks like it's constantly dirty form the hundreds of chips. If I don't trade it in next year I will have both sides repainted.

• Funny
It's a stealth wrap... Have to do all or nothing or else it would look hideous

Actually saw this for the first time on an Audi and it looked pretty awesome. I thought it was a new type of vinyl wrap.
I see what you mean though - it wouldn't work part way.

If you decide on it, I would do right after delivery. My car had road chips on the bumper and hood in the first few hundred miles. Could have been bad luck though.

Actually saw this for the first time on an Audi and it looked pretty awesome. I thought it was a new type of vinyl wrap.

If you decide on it, I would do right after delivery. My car had road chips on the bumper and hood in the first few hundred miles. Could have been bad luck though.
This is extremely true. If you're going to do it, don't wait. Chips show through extremely well. And not in any good way.

This is extremely true. If you're going to do it, don't wait. Chips show through extremely well. And not in any good way.

I would love to do it day one... But they can't get me in for a few weeks AND I have to drive it 3 hours home from the delivery center. So I'll have to roll the dice there.

• Funny
Wondering if anyone else went through this process like me.

1. Started out really hesitant because I can't test drive a Model 3 in my area.
2. Decide to bite the bullet and order one (2020 MSM LR AWD 19 White Interior)
3. Haven't even taken delivery (pick it up friday) and already lined up WAY too much stuff to have done
  • Ordered Tesla Charger ($500)
  • Ordered Keyfob($150)
  • Ordered USB Drive for Sentry ($40)
  • Ordered Wireless Charger ($40)
  • Set up an appointment for XPel Stealth Full Wrap, Xpel XR+ tint, Ceramic coat exterior, Ceramic coat interior ($6000)
I haven't even picked up the car or know if I'm even going to like it and I have $7000 worth of purchases ....

Anyone else go overboard like this?
Since you're in Kansas have you considered the CHAdeMO adapter? Kansas is filled with CHAdeMO charging stations.

You are not alone... we took delivery last week and immediately dropped it off for PPF on the front and ceramic coating. More waiting...
I've got a usb hub, usb flash drive, wireless charger, console wrap, Tesla charger, and all weather floor mats and trunk mat waiting at home.

• Funny
I would love to do it day one... But they can't get me in for a few weeks AND I have to drive it 3 hours home from the delivery center. So I'll have to roll the dice there.

Have you driven the performance yet? If spending $6k isn't a big deal for you, I think you should at least try driving the performance to see if it makes sense to use that $6k toward upgrading to performance. There is the new track mode v2 coming (sounds like it will be software update available to all performance models), among other things that just make it so much more fun.

Everyone has their own priorities but I would much rather have the fastest model if I could get myself into one.

Have you driven the performance yet? If spending $6k isn't a big deal for you, I think you should at least try driving the performance to see if it makes sense to use that $6k toward upgrading to performance. There is the new track mode v2 coming (sounds like it will be software update available to all performance models), among other things that just make it so much more fun.

Everyone has their own priorities but I would much rather have the fastest model if I could get myself into one.

I haven't .. but I currently have a 2014 Taurus SHO, had a 2006 GTO and the LR AWD is faster than both of those. I probably floored those cars a total of 10 times in like 10 years for some reason other than kicking out the rear end of the GTO which i wouldn't be able to do with either the LR or the P. I don't really ever track my car and I never really thought to myself ... I really wish these two cars were faster. I'm more into a car that looks good but is fun to drive. I think the LR AWD hits the sweet spot and if I get the itch, I can drop the 2k on the performance boost and get halfway to the P anyways.

Reactions: house9