Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devastating attacks in Paris, hostages taken ahead of COP21 climate talks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a awful tragedy, completely senseless. The perpetrators are insane.
And it is Off Topic for TMC. It is in the proper forum. If you want to find the story on the "front page" go to any news website or print newspaper. TMC is not a general news site.
Al Gore arrived at the Eiffel Tower in a Tesla tonight:

"Pour rejoindre le plateau télé éphémère construit en forme de bulle au bout du Champ-de-Mars, au pied de la tour Eiffel, Al Gore a emprunté une voiture de location Tesla. Un modèle électrique haut de gamme américain."

« Je crois que nous obtiendrons un accord »

- - - Updated - - -

This is very sad and shocking news, but it doesn't really belong in the News section of this site. So far not much is known about who is responsible, I doubt it has anything to do with the climate conference.

Does this have anything to do with the climate conference? Shut down tonight:

News about #24HoursOfReality on Twitter

Al Gore (@algore) | Twitter

More here: Americans in Paris see dark page of history

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't get too wrapped up about where this is on TMC. It doesn't matter.

Paris after 9/11

CTuatXGUAAEaQhK.jpg

Last edited:
Europe for far too long has been too lax on immigration. Some sections of UK might as well be a town from Pakistan.

This is a wake up call for America to take immigration reforms and border control seriously.

Every western nation should take a leaf out of Japan's policy in this regard.

Europe for far too long has been too lax on immigration. Some sections of UK might as well be a town from Pakistan.

This is a wake up call for America to take immigration reforms and border control seriously.

Every western nation should take a leaf out of Japan's policy in this regard.

which parts of the UK have you visited to make that statement credibly please?
(and btw I dont believe these terrorists are Pakistani people, they appear to be making syrian related threats).
The vast majority of the people of the UK view the breadth of our cultural diversity as a huge strength of our country, not a weakness.

I do believe it is incumbent on us all to react to these apalling atrocities in a very robust but measured manner otherwise we risk inflaming the situation still further which of course plays directly into the fantics agenda.

which parts of the UK have you visited to make that statement credibly please?
(and btw I dont believe these terrorists are Pakistani people, they appear to be making syrian related threats).
The vast majority of the people of the UK view the breadth of our cultural diversity as a huge strength of our country, not a weakness.

I do believe it is incumbent on us all to react to these apalling atrocities in a very robust but measured manner otherwise we risk inflaming the situation still further which of course plays directly into the fantics agenda.

His comments were correct; there are huge areas of immigrants living below the poverty line where extremism culture is rife, this is the same in France and other European countries. Extremism grows in these particular areas due to low income, poverty & crime and the ease at which those problems make it very easy for extremists to recruit, train and reward to join this crazy train.

The governments and people (us) turn a blind eye to these problems until events like this occur.

A measured response is not what's needed, decisive action is.

My heart felt prayers to France.

As a citizen and resident of the UK and having travelled widely in my country and Europe an elsewhere in the world, I find some of these statements at best ill-informed and unfortunate, at worst downright dangerous.

Gung ho "decisive action" is more likely to play directly into the terrorists agenda.
The whole radical Islam issue is becoming more serious with time.
We have to win this. Not the battle, not the war but we have to win the argument too.

...and if you think I am some wishy washy leftie, dont think for one moment that I haven't thought "just wipe these f*ckers off the planet once and for all" you are wrong.
But that wont win in the end.
I absolutely support robust military action and if we have to attack to defend then so be it.
...however to leave a festering mess such as Libya and indeed Syria, Iraq and others does not solve the problem and we do have to solve the problem.

As a citizen and resident of the UK and having travelled widely in my country and Europe an elsewhere in the world, I find some of these statements at best ill-informed and unfortunate, at worst downright dangerous.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCQQFjABahUKEwjUgLS-7Y_JAhXD56YKHeP_Aq4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rotherham.gov.uk%2Fdownload%2Fdownloads%2Fid%2F1407%2Findependent_inquiry_cse_in_rotherham.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEiXuIJtd2LXdW-ICJgevY8_irppA&sig2=YpGinaql8unGkYfsg4fqzQ

remember what happened in Rotherham a small UK borough of about 258,000 where at least 1400 children were sexually exploited between 1997 and 2013.

Turning a blind eye to the problem because its inconvenient to be politically incorrect has had, and will continue to have - tragic consequences.

Extremism in the U.S. seems to occur in areas of wealth, power, and religion rather than in the poverty stricken areas. All people are one, and the sooner we learn that, the better. Multiculturalism is a good thing.

Hearts out to the folks in France.

Gung ho "decisive action" is more likely to play directly into the terrorists agenda.
The whole radical Islam issue is becoming more serious with time.
We have to win this. Not the battle, not the war but we have to win the argument too.

...and if you think I am some wishy washy leftie, dont think for one moment that I haven't thought "just wipe these f*ckers off the planet once and for all" you are wrong.
But that wont win in the end.
I absolutely support robust military action and if we have to attack to defend then so be it.
...however to leave a festering mess such as Libya and indeed Syria, Iraq and others does not solve the problem and we do have to solve the problem.

I grew up in England, went to school in Essex and spent time in places like Bradford, Manchester and Birmingham(where I was born). Most of my family live in Europe scattered from Ireland to Malta and I still speak to many friends in England from varying backgrounds.

I know very well what's going on in Europe.

Decisive action doesn't always mean bomb the f out of people. However, sweeping the problems under the carpet is like turning a blind eye to a tsunami. It's still going to come and when it does, it'll be devastating.

Let's just hold all the victims (those injured, those afraid, those responding, those mourning and those whose total lack of hope and love led them to perpetrate this) in our hearts right now. I am furious, sad and frustrated - I am sure we all are in varying degrees.

After 9/11, I took the first n/s from IAD to CDG and as we deplaned a line of French UA employees met the US UA employees with flowers and hugs. I walked around the city and saw a huge collection of flowers at the Pont de Grenelle (with miniature Statue of Liberty) and about an acre of flowers outside the US embassy. All alone in a city I've loved for a very long time, it was unbelievably comforting to read those letters left with the flowers. One in particular was from an older man in Normandy who explained how he is reminded of the D-Day invasion on a regular basis as he passes by the cemetery where our soldiers are buried.

We so often say "haters gonna hate" when we talk about irrational, greedy people who deny climate control and fight solar and EVs to protect their financial security in spite of the damage to our planet and all the creatures who live on it; but that is just a small sample of what hate can do. ISIS is so evil, I can't even imagine how desperate, confused and angry someone must be to join them.

"But the event of highest concern is the UN climate change summit, Cop21 in Paris on Monday week where all 28 EU member state leaders are due for the opening session as well as US President Barak Obama."

Several EU countries in lockdown following Paris attacks | BreakingNews.ie

I don't know why you keep peddling the climate change connection. There isn't one, IS couldn't give a rats a$$ about climate change. If they were targeting that they would have done it during the event. These people aren't that smart btw, it doesn't take much upstairs to run into a bar and pull a trigger or press a button.

"The French government plans to go ahead with a climate change summit it is due to host at the end of the month, a senior French diplomatic source said on Saturday, the day after a wave of deadly attacks in France's capital."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/14/us-france-shooting-climatechange-idUSKCN0T30QT20151114

I don't know why you keep peddling the climate change connection. There isn't one, IS couldn't give a rats a$$ about climate change. If they were targeting that they would have done it during the event. These people aren't that smart btw, it doesn't take much upstairs to run into a bar and pull a trigger or press a button.

ANY international event can be a potential target by these groups.