Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Issues / delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I was scheduled to receive my Model S LR on AUG-12, and I've yet to receive the car yet. Firstly I got a call on AUG-11 that there was an issue with my passenger door handle and they had to order a part and it would take a 1-2 weeks to come in. So we rescheduled the delivery date to AUG-25. I called my financing, informed them, called insurance, moved back switchover date for the insurance and paid another payment on my S because it was due. 2 hours later I get a phone call back from Tesla stating that the part had actually just arrived and they already replaced the door handle and that delivery can still occur on the AUG-12 @ 2pm. Fast forward to AUG-12 @ 11:30 AM, I am switching my wheels back to my factory wheels to get ready to trade the car in, everything is all scheduled back for today (AUG-12, financing, insurance). Then the phone rings... TESLA calling... I answer and they inform me that we cannot do delivery today because now the car has a scratch in it and the touchup job they tried to do yesterday (AUG-11) does not look great. They informed me we can push back a week to AUG-19 and should be able to do delivery. Now, its AUG-18 and they just informed me that yet again some part is wrong and they are awaiting for parts and we cannot take delivery tomorrow. This is now my 4th time rescheduling insurance/financing and I'm really frustrated with my local TESLA at the moment. Honestly, it sounds like a lot of issues with this car too and I'm hesitant to accept delivery now of this car but I also don't want to go back on the waiting list for months for another to come in. What should I do in this situation? Just accept it and wait? Can I even send a complaint somewhere? Should I reject delivery and ask for a new car? Can I even do this? Any advice/comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Kevin

Sounds like pretty minor issues to me. And the fact that Tesla wants your S to be perfect prior to delivery sounds really good. Aside from the pita (pain in the ass) chore of having to keep changing the insurance and finding dates (not such a big deal), I’d suggest hanging in. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before that new, shiny S will be in your driveway.

Reactions: BigDanSRQ