Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery day September 29, 2018 - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. First time poster here.

I am curious if anyone else was at the Dedham, MA location on September 28, 2018 - the last day of the quarter, and a Saturday.
I had my delivery appointment for 2:30. I arrived promptly at 2:20 since I was trading in a vehicle. The trade in took less than 1 minute, and I was on my way into the showroom - where I encountered LOTS of other excited soon-to-be Tesla owners... all waiting around.
It was a mad house, but I didn't care because I was getting my Model 3.. hopefully.
Apparently they weren't prepared for the volume, and the RMV closes at 5:00 sharp on Saturday, so lots of folks were stuck because they couldn't process registrations.
At one point, the manager of the location (I am 99% sure his fist name was Rick) quieted everyone down and apologized for the delay, saying that they could get some people on their way with dealer plates. Others that had traded in would get some kind of vouchers for Uber to get home and get back to take delivery.
He also said that he was authorized to give everyone who was still there waiting for a vehicle a $2,000.00 refund and a voucher for the first yearly service appointment.
I thought that was fair. I got in line an gave my name for the refund and the service voucher. I received no proof of this, thinking, "Well, it's Tesla, they have everything online, etc. It should be fine...". I left with my new Model 3 with dealer plates at 8:30 PM. I was there for just over 6 hours.

Now it's 2023, my Model 3 just died on Saturday and I just found out from the service center that it needs a new AP computer for a total of $1,933.75, and I never received that $2000.00 despite having emailed, texted, and called approximately 10 times the first few months I had the vehicle. I finally gave up after that.
The sting of paying almost $2K would be less if I had gotten that $2K that I was promised.
Also, I read some articles that talk about a known issue with some early Model 3 eMMC MCU issues that would cause the MCU to fail and render the vehicle undrivable. It sounds like that could be what happened to mine.

So, was anyone else at the Dedham, MA delivery center on September 28, 2018 and was promised a $2K refund?

Thanks for reading!
Cheers,
TonyV.