Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I CONFIRM that 5 NEW Tesla MS arrived at the Laval Service Center on this friday march 9 at around 7h30 PM !!

After a diner nearby, I came back at around 8h00 PM and the truck was there, right in the center of the Boulevard Laurentien !! The cars where already in the garage. Of course, MY CAR WAS IN THE LOT !! They were about to close for the week-end, but I got 5 minutes to get «acquainted» with my MS !!

The child seats are there (GOOD)!! The 85 badge is not there (but I will get one later). I even got the chance to activate REMOTE CONTROL (for the iPhone app). Unfortunately the 3G connection is not activated and will probably be working on monday.

I'm very happy with the Obeche Gloss and black leather setup ... thats PERFECT!!

I should take delivery on next tuesday or wednesday !!

In my excitement, there is 2 other VIN'S that I noted: #6092 (a blue 85) and #6371 (white 85).

Sorry for my friend pbrulott, but it's not in this batch ... :-(

I also talked to the truck driver. He was coming from Detroit. He told me that he got through Customs in less than 30 minutes !!! He explained that all the Paperwork was well prepared by his company BEFORE (Select 1). The other batch was apparently a problem because Tesla used another transporter (United I think) ... The Truck driver was not surprised about them ... apparently they are not as good with customs as Select 1.

For picture of my MS and the truck, please go to my blog: http://roulezelectrique.com/ma-tesla-modele-s-est-arrivee-au-quebec/

In my excitement, there is 2 other VIN'S that I noted: #6092 (a blue 85) and #6371 (white 85).

That wouldn't be a typo and actually 6173, by any chance? :wink: Are they delivering directly from Fremont to Laval or do they have to go through the Mississauga service centre ?

- - - Updated - - -

I just have one problem. I can't fill the damn Scotia credit form from my computer nor I can't print it where I am... so it'll have to wait until next Wednesday. Hope that won't delay my delivery.

I also had a similar issue. The Scotia forum is not editable and not interactive to make it easy to fill out. I used the Mac application PDFpen to write over the Scotia PDF on my computer. I'm sure you can find something similar for Windows, or you can use something like Adobe Illustrator if you have it. Adobe Acrobat Pro will work too, but it's a little cumbersome.

@Steph_S ... unfortunately it's not a typo ... :-(

VIN6371.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@Steph_S

The Truck was coming directly from Detroit. The cars came in batch to Detroit from Fremont ... then they dispatch them to Montreal directly from there.

Picked up mine late this afternoon. Parcel Shelf on the due bill, and I discovered they forgot to put the vanity mirrors (just the glass) into the visors. DS said he had never seen that missing before. One odd glitch with the turn signals. They go slow, then fast, then skip a beat and just seem erratic. Can be observed by the sound, dash display and exterior lights (as seen reflected on other cars). Tried re-booting the displays but persists.

95AD733C-7C23-461C-80CC-5A8440A4BCC6.JPG

I CONFIRM that 5 NEW Tesla MS arrived at the Laval Service Center on this friday march 9 at around 7h30 PM !!

After a diner nearby, I came back at around 8h00 PM and the truck was there, right in the center of the Boulevard Laurentien !! The cars where already in the garage. Of course, MY CAR WAS IN THE LOT !! They were about to close for the week-end, but I got 5 minutes to get «acquainted» with my MS !!

The child seats are there (GOOD)!! The 85 badge is not there (but I will get one later). I even got the chance to activate REMOTE CONTROL (for the iPhone app). Unfortunately the 3G connection is not activated and will probably be working on monday.

I'm very happy with the Obeche Gloss and black leather setup ... thats PERFECT!!

I should take delivery on next tuesday or wednesday !!

Sorry for my friend pbrulott, but it's not in this batch ... :-(

I also talked to the truck driver. He was coming from Detroit. He told me that he got through Customs in less than 30 minutes !!! He explained that all the Paperwork was well prepared by his company BEFORE (Select 1). The other batch was apparently a problem because Tesla used another transporter (United I think) ... The Truck driver was not surprised about them ... apparently they are not as good with customs as Select 1.

For picture of my MS and the truck, please go to my blog: http://roulezelectrique.com/ma-tesla-modele-s-est-arrivee-au-quebec/

Thanks for checking Sly. 6371 was there but not 6360??? Maybe it got stuck at Fremont after testing. Still haven't figured out how to edit (Thanks Steph_S for the tip), print, sign and resend my Scotia form. Too many steps to perform in a busy vacation schedule at Disney with the kids. I will fill it and resend when I get back.

Congratulations guys in Montreal! You must be really enjoying the new wheels!

Out here in Vancouver there is some action too. Got the email to set up an appointment to pick up the car next week! They are taking appointments from Tues 19th to Thursday 21st. I got the impression from the email that there is a big shipment coming in and they are trying to move cars before the Incentive deadline.

:biggrin: Hello all ! Just got off the phone with the folks in Mississauga and they told me that the car is ready to be picked up. But before I can do that, I'm waiting for my final MVPA from Tesla in Fremont. As soon as that's signed and countersigned, I'll be ready to pick it up ! VIN 6173. Delivery on Wednesday the 13th (if I get my documents early) - otherwise, delivery on the 14th at 10am. I also learned that there are "30 cars on the way soon" so they need to make room for them when they arrive.

Time to get insurance!

I also learned that there are "30 cars on the way soon" so they need to make room for them when they arrive.

It was packed solid in there when I picked mine up on Saturday. They even had cars in the air on hoists with others parked underneath.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to get insurance!

I finally resolved my issues with RBC and they got the Model S set up in their system. Apparently, I was their first customer with a Model S and that was the problem. At the end of the day, it ended up costing about $11/month less than my '09 Cadillac CTS with identical coverage. ($500 deductible collision and $300 deductible comprehensive) plus 2 years of full replacement value.

"It was packed solid in there when I picked mine up on Saturday. They even had cars in the air on hoists with others parked underneath."

Sounds like Vancouver is getting another load soon as well!

My poor car has been sitting there for almost 2 weeks now........wish I had not opted to trade in my Roadster - it has been a complete and utter failure so far for Tesla to do something so hard and complicated as getting me an estimate for trade-in..... "patience has left the building"

...wish I had not opted to trade in my Roadster - it has been a complete and utter failure so far for Tesla to do something so hard and complicated as getting me an estimate for trade-in..... "patience has left the building"

You'd think it would be easy with one of their own. Except for the valuation they gave me, the process was pretty painless with my Cadillac CTS. I checked in to the trade-in values myself and what Tesla did was quote me at the very bottom of the range. I was a bit disappointed in that because I truly do keep my cars in excellent shape, but at the end of the day it was just easier this way.

You'd think it would be easy with one of their own. Except for the valuation they gave me, the process was pretty painless with my Cadillac CTS. I checked in to the trade-in values myself and what Tesla did was quote me at the very bottom of the range. I was a bit disappointed in that because I truly do keep my cars in excellent shape, but at the end of the day it was just easier this way.

Agreed. I'm certain I could have got a fair bit more for my Infiniti if I sold it myself, but the extra sales tax would eat away much of the differential. Also December is not a great time to be selling a car. So I drove my G37 to Toronto, and came home in a Model S.

Gents, any idea how to get a hold of Alex? Sent emails, called, left voicemail = no answer

my insurance company needs the Scotia bank address to issue my insurance contract
Also need to send him the Scotia bank form but there is no indication on how to send it (fax, email scan, paper copy,...)

Morris, 10am march 20 pickup for me! Giddyup!

Congratulations guys in Montreal! You must be really enjoying the new wheels!

Out here in Vancouver there is some action too. Got the email to set up an appointment to pick up the car next week! They are taking appointments from Tues 19th to Thursday 21st. I got the impression from the email that there is a big shipment coming in and they are trying to move cars before the Incentive deadline.