Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daytime running lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the US but my wife would like to have DRL or at least change the sensitivity of the Auto setting so the lights come on sooner than they do now. I'm talking about making the lights come on during rainy, dark days when they sometimes don't.

Update: I went to a Tesla center in Canada. They issued a compliance letter and an update went through automatically after a few nights. I now have full time Canadian DRL!

Great to hear.

In addition to DRL, Canada did revise regulations since September 2021 for vehicles sold in Canada to also have one of the following.

- tail lights that come on automatically with daytime running lights
- headlights, tail lights, and side marker lights that turn on automatically in the dark
- a dashboard that stays dark to alert the driver to turn on the lights

I'm in the US but my wife would like to have DRL or at least change the sensitivity of the Auto setting so the lights come on sooner than they do now. I'm talking about making the lights come on during rainy, dark days when they sometimes don't.
I wasn't aware of the last one and its definitely needed, i see so many drivers with just DRLs on at night due to this. Will have to check out one of the newer vehicles to see the implementation

@Technokrat

Oh yeah it was new to me too until I looked it up since I was aware of DRL. At least the new rules also would take care of where you see DRL lights on but the tail lights are off!

The info I posted is directly from transport Canada and will post it below.

In that case Mercedes in comparison is a rip off. I imported a Mercedes SL ragtop from the US around 18 years ago. I am rather handy at mods so I installed a relay to turn on the fog lights when the car was started to give me full time DRL. (running fog lights or parking lights or headlights is factory on some models for DRL in Canada by the way)I was forced to go to a Mercedes dealer for inspection who removed my relay and installed the "proper" Mercedes version for the car which turns on all exterior lights (headlights, parking and tail lights) to full power just like if you turned the head lights on. Cost me a bit over $1000 to have the work done.

Last edited: