Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I've released a new version to production (1.17.7) with a metric ton of improvements and bug fixes.

More importantly this new version also includes a Holiday Special limited-time offering of Founder Access on the following dates only:
  • December 24th
  • December 25th
  • January 1st
The only difference between Standard Access and Founder Access is in the price, if you already have Standard Access there is no benefit to purchasing Founder Access.

The full changelog for this release is immense, so here are just some:
  • New icon matching Nougat's look-and-feel
  • Tons of background service improvements
  • Improved secure preferences
  • Improved all service notifications
  • Plug-In reminder now persists through device reboot
  • Back-button offers a sign out dialog immediately instead of going through the history of views
  • Moved firmware update to vehicle information dialog with new wording
  • Lot of misc. bug fixes
Aside from what's mentioned above, there's nothing ground-breaking worthy of screenshots to show, however smart charging is almost completely tested and ready for release so you have that to look forward to here shortly.

Thanks all for your support and patience, I have good things in the hopper, just need a little more time...

In exchange for more time, here's a free 1-day, full access code valid Saturday-only (tomorrow), no limits, no strings attached: 2018
To enter an access code, press-and-hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds.

Happy holidays!

Note:
This release includes a security improvement to your local secure preferences, as such your existing local secure preferences around account sign-in and fingerprint sign-in are intentionally cleared. This is a one-time occurrence, sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
@jpcarreiro , be sure to update to the latest version, I removed subscriptions in favor of the new one-time-payment model nearly 2 months ago! If you are running the latest version, you shouldn't be presented with the Purchase activity if you entered the above access code in the proper access code entry dialog you can get to by holding the sign-in button for 3-seconds. There is no limit to how many times you can use an access code this way. If you purchased a 1-day pass for $0.99, that is valid only for 24 hours from purchase time.

Did that help at all? Let me know, I've tested the access code myself just now and can confirm it's functioning.

If you start a "conversation" with him he is very quick to reply and it is private. Might want to cut him some "Christmas Slack".
I definitely will be cutting him Christmas slack lol. I just decided to post here in case anyone else was having the same problem.

No rush on my end. My tesla app doesnt even work yet! Picked up on Friday and Tesla customer service said it may take a few days for it to start working.

Reactions: SG57
Hi,

Is the Cabin Protection Range locked at 59 to 83 or can you go lower (or higher for that matter?

"O" and the current update(1.17.7) fixed the plugged in alert giving a false reading when already fully charged. :)

Thanks!!

@BigTonyTones , sorry for the delay, family holiday shenanigans.

In-app purchases are bound to the Google account the device is signed into upon purchase, so you should be able to carry your purchases across devices so as long as you're signed into the same Google account that originally made the purchase. Others have had a similar issue as you, and after double-checking their devices are signed into the correct Google account they all have been able to fix it.

@MMC- , Cabin temperature protection is bound to the upper and lower limit of the HVAC temperature in the car, so yes. The reason for this is because I cannot realistically get the internal temperature to a temperature outside the HVAC system's range. For example, if it's 90F outside, and you want to keep the car between 40 F and 50 F, there's simply no way I can get the car temp low enough because the HVAC system doesn't go that low.

The only scenario where temperatures outside the HVAC temperature range are reachable is in transition to the HVAC temperature ranges. For example, if it's 32 F outside and the car is heating to 70 F, it will pass all values in between. So I technically could support _some_ temperatures outside the HVAC's range based on certain conditions, but it'd be difficult.

And yes! The latest version has a lot of bug fixes and improvements. An entire months worth to be exact. Many of which surrounded background services, such as plug-in reminder.

@Jeff Andrews , no Android Wear progress yet sadly, I have a few other ideas I'd like to see realized first.

Having an issue starting the app.
It will show Signing in to Tesla for a couple of seconds then go to Loading... where it gets stuck.
No response after that, have to force close the app.
Used to work fine before the latest update.
Any idea?
Galaxy S3, Android 7.1.1. Used to work fine before the latest update.

Sorry for the delay all, been busy trying to wrap up 2016.

@Veggen , hmm that's very strange. I haven't heard any reports of this, are you still experiencing this issue? Make sure your device has internet, if it takes forever to sign in but eventually does (which it sounds like happened) then I can only conclude your internet connection might have been poor, or Tesla's servers are very busy. Try using wifi or mobile data to see if it helps. The app has long error timeouts, so what you see as stuck forever could be it still loading on poor internet. Let it sit for 5 minutes and see if it ever errors out. Let me know!

@Jeff Andrews , sorry for the delay, here is a 1-day full access code for Saturday-only: 7297
You may enter an access code by pressing and holding the sign-in button for 3 seconds.

@robz , thanks for your support!

A fuzz locator would be a nice, but it'd be a bit like re-inventing the wheel. There are other apps for that (ie Waze) and there's nothing stopping you from using both this app and another simultaneously, or am I missing something?

@robz , thanks for your support!

A fuzz locator would be a nice, but it'd be a bit like re-inventing the wheel. There are other apps for that (ie Waze) and there's nothing stopping you from using both this app and another simultaneously, or am I missing something?
Ill check it out.
For the advanced charging upgrade, are we able to adjust amperage level?
That would be useful for me.
Thanks.