Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily Laugh- Service Center Says "Headlight Condensation is Because EVs run hotter than ICE"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fresh off another extremely frustrating experience at the White Plains NY service center. Took the car in for 2 things- wheel alignment and one headlight with condensation. When I picked up the car today, the alignment was actually worse than when I had dropped it off (car was pulling to the right when I let go of the steering wheel), so I went right back and sat there for a couple hours while they "redid it" (i.e. did it for the first time).

But the headlight- they told me they fixed it. I was so worked up about the alignment that I forgot to even check, so I checked 20-30 minutes later when I got to my office. No change- same headlight, same condensation. I wrote a pretty harshly worded message to them in the chat, and their response is comedic gold.

Apparently, EVs run so hot- far hotter than gas cars which use actual fire for propulsion- that one headlight will fog up even though the other one doesn't 🫡

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.PNG

Well I didn't think anyone could beat my driver seat rattling when I would put pressure on it or when I accelerated. They finally came to their conclusion it was because I had after market Vossen wheels on the car. I laughed and told them it also happens when the car is stopped and they said I need to consider removing the wheels first...you really have to wonder about common sense these days.

• Funny
Reactions: riles246
Well I didn't think anyone could beat my driver seat rattling when I would put pressure on it or when I accelerated. They finally came to their conclusion it was because I had after market Vossen wheels on the car. I laughed and told them it also happens when the car is stopped and they said I need to consider removing the wheels first...you really have to wonder about common sense these days.
That's the problem with "common sense", turns out it's not that common!

Reactions: aerodyne
Did you tell them they should consider removing their head from their ass?

Fresh off another extremely frustrating experience at the White Plains NY service center. Took the car in for 2 things- wheel alignment and one headlight with condensation. When I picked up the car today, the alignment was actually worse than when I had dropped it off (car was pulling to the right when I let go of the steering wheel), so I went right back and sat there for a couple hours while they "redid it" (i.e. did it for the first time).

But the headlight- they told me they fixed it. I was so worked up about the alignment that I forgot to even check, so I checked 20-30 minutes later when I got to my office. No change- same headlight, same condensation. I wrote a pretty harshly worded message to them in the chat, and their response is comedic gold.

Apparently, EVs run so hot- far hotter than gas cars which use actual fire for propulsion- that one headlight will fog up even though the other one doesn't 🫡

View attachment 999435
View attachment 999436
It's a shame they can't figure out how to capture all that battery heat and direct it into the cabin, at least in the winter, then you wouldn't need the electric heater and could save some battery! 😂

• Love
Reactions: riles246
Shouldn't be too hard of a DIY. Moisture is getting in from the top, most likely through the plastic welded seam. I fixed the problem with a Tesla tail light with just a bead of silicone. Much less work than fighting with the scammers at the service center.

Reactions: scgaskill