Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Police, Military etc. fleet orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll believe the amphibious capabilities when I see it.
Yep. I have worked in Military acquisition, and I can definitively say this will not meet any military amphibious requirements.

For road vehicles there are fording (water crossing) requirements that it may meet. Keep in mind military terms have specific definitions that do not usually/always line up with civilian general definitions.

If this is purchased by any of the US military branches it is going to be in the non tactical vehicle category, or it will be a non standard special mission acquisition. The military almost always has requirements for tactical vehicles that are impossible to meet in a DOT/NHTSA approved vehicle. Look up the JLTV requirements for example (the replacement for the HUMVEE).

Would Tesla be willing to provide parts and personnel to a Deployed Location or even a Forward Operating Location to repair these vehicles? Would Tesla provide the Military with bare bones Trucks? Trucks without power seats and simple door handles and a metal roof instead of the glass roof?

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Would Tesla be willing to provide parts and personnel to a Deployed Location or even a Forward Operating Location to repair these vehicles? Would Tesla provide the Military with bare bones Trucks? Trucks without power seats and simple door handles and a metal roof instead of the glass roof?
You could call them Para Rangers...
1695489310946.png

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
Maybe only limited application for Military, but imagine it would be the choice of many Police Departments. Fast, great handling, small arms protection, saves fuel and maintenance and already has large center mounted display for dispatch and communications with other units. Large seating up front for comfort with utility belts and ballistic jackets. Plenty of room in the back for perps. Could carry a tremendous load of tactical equipment in the bed. Also be used as an ambulance to to evacuate wounded and carry 10 people into a scene. Also has a commanding and intimidating perspective when it rolls up.

Maybe only limited application for Military, but imagine it would be the choice of many Police Departments. Fast, great handling, small arms protection, saves fuel and maintenance and already has large center mounted display for dispatch and communications with other units. Large seating up front for comfort with utility belts and ballistic jackets. Plenty of room in the back for perps. Could carry a tremendous load of tactical equipment in the bed. Also be used as an ambulance to to evacuate wounded and carry 10 people into a scene. Also has a commanding and intimidating perspective when it rolls up.
Each one should come with a robot cop.

Reactions: father_of_6