Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom green plate in Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I have an ICE car with custom license plate in Quebec. Is it possible for me to transfer it to my new electric car? Electric cars need green plates, has anyone moved/converted their custom plate from ICE car to green plates for EV? M3RWD ♥️

In Ontario, we sometimes see EV’s with custom “blue” plates. They are just regular. We cannot get custom green plates as the cameras detect the lettering. Ontario if GV, for green vehicle, whereas Quebec is VE (I think), for véhicule électrique. So I just don’t think they would allow it, unless, you just plate it with a regular plate. I’m not even sure that the province would even allow this, but I’m sure I’m wrong.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I have an ICE car with custom license plate in Quebec. Is it possible for me to transfer it to my new electric car? Electric cars need green plates, has anyone moved/converted their custom plate from ICE car to green plates for EV? M3RWD ♥️
In Quebec you can get your custom plate reprinted to a green one online for 10$. Register on SAAQclic and you will find the option to do it.

This is a new feature as of a couple of weeks ago. Prior you had to do it in person and it was more expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Upvote 0
I too have seen personalized green Qc plates and I have also also seen regular plates on EV’s. I don’t know of it is legal but I’ve seen it. I do believe if you have a regular plate you can’t use the EV lanes on the highways. Nor will you get free tolls where offered to EV’s. (Ie highway 30)

Upvote 0
I have a personalized green Quebec plate on the S. No EV or VE on it. The green color identifies it as electric. Ice plates are blue. You cannot have a blue plate on a non electric, hybrid or plugin vehicle here and visa versa.

My plate is Hejdå which nobody understands unless you have a Swedish background. Translates to goodbye in english. ;)

Reactions: akidesir
Upvote 0
Yes you can get your custom ICE plate reprinted in green for your Tesla. I did it before the arrival of saaqcliq so i did it in person and cost me 65$ for the reprint and received it at home. Also they kept my blue plate at the same time, so i don’t know the process if you do it online, seems cheaper according to another comment here.

Upvote 0