Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Tesla Owners: Plans for the Model 3?

Current Tesla Owners: Do you plan to purchase a Model 3?

• Yes! I'll be reserving one soon.

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Yes, and I intend to purchase more than one.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Yes, but I plan to wait on reserving/purchasing.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • No, I have the Tesla I want.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Maybe. Depends on what the Model 3 offers.

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, Tesla virgin here. Looking forward to placing a reservation for a Model 3 next Thursday. I've spent a lot of time recently over in the Model 3 sub-forum, and I and a number of other people have thrown around a lot of ideas as for how many current Tesla owners intend to not only reserve but purchase a Model 3. I tried to poll the group who visits the Model 3 sub-forum but realized that was just about the most unbiased sample set I could find, so I thought I'd try again here, in the busiest sub-forum on TMC - one fueled by current Tesla owners. For the edification of all of us who don't currently own a Tesla but hope to someday (soon, hopefully) own a model 3, I put to you Roadster/Model S/X owners a simple question:

Do you plan to not only reserve but PURCHASE a Model 3?

Please contribute to the poll only if you currently own a Tesla. I look forward to sharing the results with other members of this community.

Decent participation so far. Looks like the majority of forum members who are current Tesla owners plan to purchase a Model 3. Curious how that would compare to non-forum members who aren't quite as involved in the Tesla community. Anyone else willing to share their plans?

I will more than likely reserve one, I will decide later if I'll actually buy one though. You see my ranger fee is $1,500 and there are no plans to put in Superchargers here at all, so if those things are corrected I may buy more than one.

Hi everyone, Tesla virgin here. Looking forward to placing a reservation for a Model 3 next Thursday. I've spent a lot of time recently over in the Model 3 sub-forum, and I and a number of other people have thrown around a lot of ideas as for how many current Tesla owners intend to not only reserve but purchase a Model 3. I tried to poll the group who visits the Model 3 sub-forum but realized that was just about the most unbiased sample set I could find, so I thought I'd try again here, in the busiest sub-forum on TMC - one fueled by current Tesla owners. For the edification of all of us who don't currently own a Tesla but hope to someday (soon, hopefully) own a model 3, I put to you Roadster/Model S/X owners a simple question:

Do you plan to not only reserve but PURCHASE a Model 3?

Please contribute to the poll only if you currently own a Tesla. I look forward to sharing the results with other members of this community.

At least a few people owning non-Tesla vehicles were saying they would reserve on the 31st but now think they'll wait because of priority to existing Tesla customers. Were I they I'd reserve anyway because production volume will be as high as Tesla can make it be, and all among us who are already Tesla owners will work out the early production bugs. I think it is smart to give owners priority precisely because existing owners are not typically much concerned about early production issues because we are so confident of the Tesla support system. Are we wise to have such confidence in them given the massive growth coming? Time will tell. My order will prove my own optimism.

Reactions: ELRev