Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink on new Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am planning to trade in my current Model 3 to new Model Y AWD. My current model 3 has built in Home Link ( I purchased the car in 2018 and it came with home link).
Are the new Model Y has built in Home Link or do i need to purchase it on Tesla site ?

Hello,
I am planning to trade in my current Model 3 to new Model Y AWD. My current model 3 has built in Home Link ( I purchased the car in 2018 and it came with home link).
Are the new Model Y has built in Home Link or do i need to purchase it on Tesla site ?
MY never came with HomeLink since it came out in 2020. I purchased from Tesla for my 2021 MY. I bought from eBay for my 2023 M3P.

I see that We have to purchase mobile connector for new Model Y. I am trading in my old Tesla 2018 Model 3. Should i return my existing mobile connector or should i keep it with me ?
Will tesla charge me if i keep the mobile connector

Yes i will buy new one. Just debating whether to take MyQ subscription or go with Homelink
I did Homelink. It's been out for decades now, our openers use it already so no need to upgrade or openers and I've read some posts about connectivity issues w/MyQ by those who went that route.

I know it's newer but it also seems to have more issues. Homelink is about as mature as things like this get so it's the route I went. Never once have I had an issue w/the Model Y we added it to nor the previous Model S's that had it from the factory on three garage door openers. Works as expected and w/o drama which is all you need in a garage door opener.

That said, if someone already has a MyQ opener installed, I sure wouldn't yank it out to go Homelink.

I did Homelink. It's been out for decades now, our openers use it already so no need to upgrade or openers and I've read some posts about connectivity issues w/MyQ by those who went that route.

I know it's newer but it also seems to have more issues. Homelink is about as mature as things like this get so it's the route I went. Never once have I had an issue w/the Model Y we added it to nor the previous Model S's that had it from the factory on three garage door openers. Works as expected and w/o drama which is all you need in a garage door opener.

That said, if someone already has a MyQ opener installed, I sure wouldn't yank it out to go Homelink.
Thanks for the suggestion. Currently homelink is out of stock from tesla. I will wait once its available and will purchase it

=
Keep it. It's not provided as a standard device now so they don't expect one coming back. They won't care. We traded in a non Tesla EV with the charger. The guy asked if I wanted to keep since it works with Tesla.
Thanks I took the delivery of new Model Y. Delivery agent asked me to keep the old charger and the center console box as well
I see that premium connectivity was not transferred. i paid for entire year for model 3. now i have to re purchase again.

I bought one off ebay. It appears to be the oem unit and it was brand new. There’s dozens of listing on ebay for the homelink unit for around $190 shipped. Watching few youtube videos on how to install and did it in about 20 minutes. I have myQ app on my phone for my garage door so there’s no need for it on the Tesla plus if you’re going with myQ you have to pay subscription fee. The only thing I don’t like about this homelink is it only appears when I get close to my house in order for me to open and close the garage door but it’s not a big deal. You can program it to automatically open and close when you car’s approaching or retreating as well