Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current status of Firmware 6.0 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone should tweet Elon about his tweet a couple of months ago that 6.0 is coming very soon. Maybe he should be called out on this because he appears to live in a different time space continuum than us mortals.

He runs on Elon time.

My husband says I have a similar problem. I run on Liz time, which is always 1/2 hour to 1 hour later than actual time.

Elon's gap is just a little larger than that.

Well, for the center console and likely the dash. The actual OS running the BMS/drivetrain is seperate from those two (as evidenced by the fact you can keep driving while rebooting the consoles".

I'd suspect that's not a generalized OS like Linux, and more likely a RTOS (either licensed like QNX or home grown).

...and that they're multiple OS's. BMS is likely a completely separate module from drivetrain management. Cars have evolved into a giant distributed computer system using a CAN bus backplane, where even things like TPMS have a very specific module for them that is independent from anything else.

Oh, and don't forget OS-9, too. :)

...and that they're multiple OS's. BMS is likely a completely separate module from drivetrain management. Cars have evolved into a giant distributed computer system using a CAN bus backplane, where even things like TPMS have a very specific module for them that is independent from anything else.

Have we established that Tesla implements a CAN bus communication architecture? I thought it was mostly over Ethernet/Local Area Network.

Not sure how much sense that makes. Security patches are reasons to prioritize a software release, not further delay it.

Tesla's progressive view on addressing security patches:

Twitter / Bitquark: Thanks @TeslaMotors, doing ...

7e4a2ata.jpg

No joke. I have my car in for a simple tire rotation, and we talked about them adding 5.12, which I'm not even on yet, and they said it'd add an additional 20-30 min wait and I said nah. Then the technician comes out about 20 mins into their working on tire rotation and a few simple service bulletins and says "Hey they just release 6.0. Would you like us to install it? it'll take an hour." OMGOMGOMG YES, of course. So I'm gonna be here a while.