Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crunch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in LA and stopped at a couple of malls. Our last stop was the mall on Beverly Blvd and proceeded to utilize the underground parking. The spaces were tight, mainly for compact vehicles but found a spot next a column that gave me ample space to both sides of the vehicle thus preventing door dings. Anyways, returning to my car and without hesitation double clicked the trunk FOB only to realize that there was a low sitting beam above the trunk and everything at that point appeared in slow motion. I quickly raced to the trunk, eyes dilated, mouth wide open and extended my hand to stop the upward bound spoiler but I was a little to slow with my reaction time, one of the benefits of aging :( . In retrospect, I could of tapped the FOB again to disengage but again my reaction time was clouded. So to those of you that haven't experienced a bad day yet, word to the wise, know your surroundings.

I had something similar happen to me with the Model S trunk. Where I meant to open the frunk, but clicked the wrong side.

I hope the AP 3.0 hardware has the necessary surroundings awareness hardware as a means of self preservation when the owners are idiots like me.