Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Criticizing the Criticism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a base $35K car, hardly budget or a "taxi".

You sound butthurt and bitter - i'm guessing you can't even afford the base model so you're lashing out on this forum. Now go home and get your shinebox
Lmao chill dude. I can afford a fully loaded 3, but I'm butthurt that it won't be worth the pricetag associated with it. I'm more upset that I can afford this car.

• Disagree
Reactions: HabitualUser
This also is a fallacy, and assumes all Tesla buyers were shopping for an EV only. I myself did not buy a Tesla because its electric, but because it is the coolest and IMO best vehicle available. Many other Tesla owners are like myself in this respect. The real competition is not other EVs, but high-end ICE sedans and SUVs. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Range Rover, etc.

The Supercharger network is why Tesla is special? Uh, no. Not even close. I don't even know what would make anyone say that. It's super convenient for road trips, but the overwhelming amount of total charging is done at home.

Maybe I should put it a different way since you seem to have gotten caught up on a specific example. Which we disagree on, but I don't care to bring up my reasoning because it's not particularly important to my argument.

My argument is what makes the Model S special isn't the Model S. It's everything else that comes with it.

The electric drive train
The over the air updates
The Super Charger network
The focus of the company on Electric cars only, and no dealerships.

These are the reasons why I chose a Model S over a Porsche 911, Audi RS5, Jaguar F-Type, etc. Despite the fact that the S was a WAY too big for my needs. There were various incentives that helped me like the $7500 tax rebate, not having to pay sales tax (this was back in 2015), free charging for life (psychological element), and resale guarantee. There are as many stories of how one got a Tesla as there are owners.

Reactions: ModelX