Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO MS ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla won't let me test drive. Something about storage depots.. Anyone get an exception or solution in PHX, AZ

Making my choice hard between a 2015/6 CPO MS and MR M3 HARD!
Feel free to message me, I live in PHX and bought my CPO at the beginning of this year. Also ignore the dude above. Just a hater who thinks the 3 is better than the S in everyway lol.

I took a trst drive in the new S and new 3. That will tell you if the S or 3 is the car for you.

If you're a 3 kinda guy you're done. If yo want an S there are really just 2 differences between 2015 and 2016 other than price.

If the facelift front end is important to you that means 2016. Next decision is AP1 or AP2. If you want AP2 that means late 2016 build.

If you're good with classic face and AP1 than not much significant difference in 2015 and 2016.

Feel free to message me, I live in PHX and bought my CPO at the beginning of this year. Also ignore the dude above. Just a hater who thinks the 3 is better than the S in everyway lol.

thx. Tried PM you but maybe I'm too new. Please PM me your # or email me in@ a s u.edu I would love to discuss your CPO process. I'm deciding by this weekend!

I took a trst drive in the new S and new 3. That will tell you if the S or 3 is the car for you.

If you're a 3 kinda guy you're done. If yo want an S there are really just 2 differences between 2015 and 2016 other than price.

If the facelift front end is important to you that means 2016. Next decision is AP1 or AP2. If you want AP2 that means late 2016 build.

If you're good with classic face and AP1 than not much significant difference in 2015 and 2016.

did extended drives in both new M3, MS. Havent driven a 2015 or older, ideally I want to drive the one I'm buying

did extended drives in both new M3, MS. Havent driven a 2015 or older, ideally I want to drive the one I'm buying
Then you'll need to purchase from private owner or a ICE dealership. You won't be driving one from Tesla.

Sad but true. One of the many reasons I cancelled my order and got my deposit back. Bought from elsewhere and extremely happy with my S75D.

Reactions: davidc18 and vickh
I bought CPO after looking at several pictures. I was satisfied with the information provided and purchased the car. Ideally, it would've been nice to visually inspect, sit in, and drive the purchased vehicle, but mine only had 14k miles, so I figured what the hell!

There was no hidden problems, secrets or collusion. The transaction and delivery went very well, and I've had no issues to date. I'm a pleased P85D owner. Good luck in your search and potential purchase. Reach out if you have any questions.

Reactions: vickh
Just sent you a PM with my phone number!

thanks for taking the time tonight Chancellor32.. Very helpful!

I was able to test drive from a used 2015 MS tonight, at a used lot. I will buy CPO , but interestingly the dealer said he could add the rear facing seats if I wanted. Is it really an add on type option (reminds me of my old RAV4 seats)??

Very similar to the new MS drive, but the GUI was less intuitive, snappy etc. I could live with that at the right price. Is the OS/GUI updated just like other OTA updates ....

I was in the market for a Model3 and was in the process of getting one, but I just liked the ModelS more. I like the look of the facelift ones and I like the feel of the backseat (and the back storage) more than that of the Model3.

But now, I'm lost in a sea of options and trying to figure out charge capacities of used vehicles, which options make sense, etc. I want to have the 'estimated' range of the 90D, but I'm hearing a lot about degradation issues and I'm definitely a long way from getting a 100D. I'm not looking for the performance models, I just want a nice ModelS - preferably with AP2.x (but I can do without... my test drive of the M3 didn't instill a lot of confidence for me)

thanks for taking the time tonight Chancellor32.. Very helpful!

I was able to test drive from a used 2015 MS tonight, at a used lot. I will buy CPO , but interestingly the dealer said he could add the rear facing seats if I wanted. Is it really an add on type option (reminds me of my old RAV4 seats)??

Very similar to the new MS drive, but the GUI was less intuitive, snappy etc. I could live with that at the right price. Is the OS/GUI updated just like other OTA updates ....

I wonder if the dealer knew that bumper reinforcement from Tesla was required for FRS and where were they getting parts?

Good to know. I thought he was full of it..

On a related note does CPO usally offer the same trade-in price as new? I'm trying to get Tesla to price match my Carmax appraisal which is about $2K more. Hoping CPO MS does the same as new M3

Doesn’t carmax take your car even if you don’t buy from them? If so just trade you car in there, and buy from Tesla.

I just took delivery of my 2015 CPO. To me the 4 year/50k mike extended warranty was very important. I was a little nervous about the car as the pictures were really bad quality but the car was in great condition. The experience was really good overall, and it took less than 45 minutes at the delivery center. My next Tesla will most likely be a CPO as well.