Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO as a price yard stick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I'd prefer to buy a car from a private party with the extended warranty added to it as in most cases you will end up with a car with a longer warranty period than a CPO car. As long as the car does not have excessive miles, if the car you are buying is only 2 years old, this means you will get the remainder of the 2 year factory warranty plus 4 years of the extended warranty for 6 total years of warranty coverage.

The only caveat is that the CPO warranty has a zero deductible whereas the Tesla Extended Warranty has a $200 PER ISSUE (not per visit) deductible that could get quite expensive if you end up having multiple issues...

Are there any issues that might cost less than $200?

This is the first 70D (and first 2015) I've seen on CPO

Model S 70D 084154 | Tesla Motors

$70,300 with 7100 miles and it does have autopilot.

Just priced out the features on a new, and it looks like it comes to $84,250

Not a bad deal. I'd love to hear more stories about CPO cars.

It has that nice black headliner that I would like to have if I can ever get my hands on one of these. I guess the tech package is included in all 2015 teslas?

This is the first 70D (and first 2015) I've seen on CPO

Model S 70D 084154 | Tesla Motors

$70,300 with 7100 miles and it does have autopilot.

Just priced out the features on a new, and it looks like it comes to $84,250

Not a bad deal. I'd love to hear more stories about CPO cars.
The link just takes me to the main CPO page. Does that mean this car has been removed from the site? Perhaps it sold already.

When looking at used S85 cars on the CPO website, how can you tell if one has Autopilot? Can you tell by the VIN?
- - - Updated - - -
But no ~$10k in tax deductions.
This is exactly why we're looking at used Teslas. After existing deductions, we don't have $7500 in annual tax liability, so buying a new EV doesn't make sense.

The link just takes me to the main CPO page. Does that mean this car has been removed from the site? Perhaps it sold already.

When looking at used S85 cars on the CPO website, how can you tell if one has Autopilot? Can you tell by the VIN?

This is exactly why we're looking at used Teslas. After existing deductions, we don't have $7500 in annual tax liability, so buying a new EV doesn't make sense.

Note, remember the tax liability the credit comes out of is the pre-deduction tax liability line item, before all your deductions.