Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My head is about to explode . . .

This is what the anti-vaxers have going around their internal circles and is their talking point (they hate Gates, if you are out of loop).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
It is bad when even pro-vaccine doctors are saying no. It is bad when Moderna bans participants in the trial from donating sperm or having unprotected sex. Even if you are a staunch believer in vaccines, you need to review the below. What is coming down the pike is a different breed of medicine. Do you really want your children's bodies altered this way, permanently?

Robert F. Kennedy:

"Pharma has 80 COVID vaccines in development, but Gates & Fauci pushed Moderna’s “Frankenstein jab” to the front of the line. Scientists & ethicists are sounding alarms. The vaccine uses a new, untested, and very controversial experimental RNA technology that Gates has backed for over a decade. Instead of injecting an antigen & adjuvant as with traditional vaccines, Moderna plugs a small piece of coronavirus genetic code into human cells, altering DNA throughout the human body and reprograming our cells to produce antibodies to fight the virus.

"MRNA vaccines are a form of genetic engineering called “germ line gene editing”. Moderna’s genetic alterations are passed down to future generations. In January The Geneva Statement the world’s leading ethicists and scientists called for an end to this kind of experimentation. Moderna has never brought a product to market, proceeded through clinical trials, or had a vaccine approved by FDA. Despite Gates’ investments ,the company, was teetering on bankruptcy with $1.5 billion debt before COVID.
"Fauci’s support won the company an astonishing $483 million in federal funds to accelerate development. Dr. Joseph Bolen, Moderna’s former R&D Chief, expressed shock at Fauci’s bet.” I don’t know what their thinking was”, he told CNN, “When I read that, I was pretty amazed”. Moderna and Fauci launched federally-funded human trials on March 3rd in Seattle.

"Dr Peter Hotez warns of potentially fatal consequences from skipping animal studies. “If there is immune enhancement in animals, that’s a show-stopper”. Dr Suhab Siddiqi, Moderna’s Ex-Director of Chemistry, told CNN, “I would not let the [vaccine] be injected in my body. I would demand: Where is the toxicity data?”

"Former NIH Scientist Dr. Judy Mikovits says its criminal to test MRNA vaccines on humans. “MRNA can cause cancers and other dire harms that don’t surface for years.” As precautions, Moderna ordered trial participants to avoid unprotected sex or sperm donations & Fauci directed that all COVID vaccines to be protected by blanket immunity. Gates hopes to sell his experimental gene-altering technology to all 7 billion humans & transform our species into GMOs.”

Are you ready for this?”

Shared from Robert F Kennedy Jrs Instagram.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So much . . . blatantly false info in this. So much that I wonder if someone is shorting Moderna stock.

Good review article about the science (and how it differs from the garbage in my last post above that's being spread around):
Meet the company that has just begun testing a coronavirus vaccine in the United States

Or, you can just read the infographic from the article here for the nuts and bolts:
0127NF_moderna_DRUPAL.jpg

Some people can follow 3 ideas from a presentation.

Some people can follow 4 ideas from a presentation.

Some people can even remeber 5 ideas from a presentation.

As per the australian government, the top 4 points are;

"While a mask can be used as an extra precaution, you must continue to:

• stay at home if unwell
  • maintain physical distance (more than 1.5m) from other people, when out
  • avoid large gatherings and crowded indoor spaces
  • practise hand and respiratory hygiene"
Should I wear a face mask in public?

Closer to home I've observed at least one person who seems to think that masks are a ticket for getting back to work. No way, if an activity is too unsafe to do without an unregulated, untested face covering, then its too unsafe to do with an unregulated, untested face covering either.

If covid19 was silica or asbestos, would you wear a piece of cloth mask or a tested product from 3M instead?

Masks are a control measure, the least effective level of control measure. They are not a substitute for any control measures above them. They intended as complementary not subsitutary in relation to the higher control measures.

In Victoria, despite the hope, cases keep rising once masking became mandatory, because there were sufficient Victorians who treated mandatory masking as a subsitutary control measure. This can technically be considered a 'perverse' outcome.

View attachment 572541

This graphic has almost no applicability in pandemics. And your statements about masks suggest that you're a big believer in the notion that if something isn't nearly perfect protection it's nearly useless. Seems to be a subtle and backhanded way of undermining mask wearing. Is that what you're trying to do? It's really not clear. Are you familiar with the notion that perfect is the enemy of the good?

Last edited:
T-cells not likely to be all they are cracked up to be (not a surprise of course). Quite possibly they do result in more mild illness, but obviously that is not much help and is already “baked in” to what we know about COVID-19, sadly.

https://twitter.com/drzoehyde/status/1291024283678814208?s=21

Still, hopefully we will get more definitive data as time goes on to figure out whether we can make this useful somehow. I suppose deliberate infection with a weakened coronavirus is a possibility - but would likely kill some people, so something that would have to be done carefully, and at this point a vaccine is likely well ahead of any such approach, anyway.

Wow. Who are these "interests" that are trying to force HCQ on us? So weird.
I searched some of the text from that site and found this:

Incredible global analysis: Early treatment with hydroxychloroquine: a country-randomized controlled trial : WayOfTheBern

RETRACTED: Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis

( and this: https://www.fda.gov/media/138945/download )

Also, companion site: COVID-19 Treatment Analysis

Whoever they are, it looks to me like they are well funded to have well designed and tested sites. Not just some random person doing it.

I contemplate which of the following may be behind all this:
#1: Some group stands to make money off of HCQ sales.
or maybe:
#2: Some group is trying to get us to make bad healthcare decisions to undermine our society.
( Conspiracy theory: some 'cold war' assault on our science and decision making. )

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JRP3
Wow. Who are these "interests" that are trying to force HCQ on us? So weird.
I searched some of the text from that site and found this:

Incredible global analysis: Early treatment with hydroxychloroquine: a country-randomized controlled trial : WayOfTheBern

RETRACTED: Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis

( and this: https://www.fda.gov/media/138945/download )

Also, companion site: COVID-19 Treatment Analysis

Whoever they are, it looks to me like they are well funded to have well designed and tested sites. Not just some random person doing it.

or maybe:
#2: Some group is trying to get us to make bad healthcare decisions to undermine our society.
( Conspiracy theory: some 'cold war' assault on our science and decision making. )

Well, I have enough network capacity at my disposal to DDoS them into oblivion (even being on Google). But . . . I don't like the legal implications of that. :D

Its simple, masks are intended as a complementary step, but interpreted as a supplementary step.

And the stronger the message is focuses on masks being beneficial, the less benefical they are due to the same compensatory actions.

'You can't pretend you don't have it': One in four Victorians with COVID-19 not at home

More than a quarter of Victoria coronavirus patients not at home when doorknocked by ADF.

PPE is always the lowest level of hazard control, and should never be considered as a replacement for higher levels of hazard control. Physical distancing (social distancing) should never be presented as tradeable with mask wearing.

'
While a mask can be used as an extra precaution, you must continue to:

• stay at home if unwell
  • maintain physical distance (more than 1.5m) from other people, when out
  • avoid large gatherings and crowded indoor spaces
  • practise hand and respiratory hygiene
'
Should I wear a face mask in public?

For my taste, that sounds too much like using psychological factors as an excuse to downplay the importance of masks, and it sounds too much like wearing a mask is optional.

Calling it "complementary", "supplementary" or "extra", all downplay the fact that masks are crucial. As is improving the testing situation, specifically the delays. There is no above-all-else for either of those.

Its simple, masks are intended as a complementary step, but interpreted as a supplementary step.

And the stronger the message is focuses on masks being beneficial, the less benefical they are due to the same compensatory actions.

'You can't pretend you don't have it': One in four Victorians with COVID-19 not at home

More than a quarter of Victoria coronavirus patients not at home when doorknocked by ADF.

PPE is always the lowest level of hazard control, and should never be considered as a replacement for higher levels of hazard control. Physical distancing (social distancing) should never be presented as tradeable with mask wearing.

This looks increasingly like a lot of raciocination designed to obfuscate the benefits of mask wearing. And it's grossly contradicted by the Public Health storyline of countries that have been able to get this under control. Masks are a critical piece of breaking transmission chains, obviously not the only component of a viable strategy but a critical one nonetheless. Any other framing of that looks like you are trying to suggest that masks are really just overrated and we should dispense with all this hoopla about masks.

Is that what you're really trying to say? Because that's what it looks like. And if that's the message, that's actually undermining Public Health. If that's not what you're saying maybe you need to think about what your saying and how your packaging it and clean up the misleading phrasing.

Reactions: SMAlset and jerry33
Looks like a propaganda site to me. If you look up their "references" at the end, they are news articles, social media posts and the like, not actual studies.
Also, WHOIS info for the domain is set to private, domain was registered just one week ago (7/27/2020), and the site is hosted on Google Cloud and appears to have just gone live in the last 1-2 days . . . .

Thanks for the helpful research. We need more folks to do this kind of objective analysis on data sources.

Looks like a propaganda site to me. If you look up their "references" at the end, they are news articles, social media posts and the like, not actual studies.

Also, WHOIS info for the domain is set to private, domain was registered just one week ago (7/27/2020), and the site is hosted on Google Cloud and appears to have just gone live in the last 1-2 days . . . .

Yep. It's pure propaganda. No authors, no University affiliation, mysterious website that is protected from any review, plus there's no such thing as a "country randomization". LOL :eek:That's total horseshit. Technically at best this approach could be categorized as a retrospective cohort study but it is not a randomized trial of anything. And the countries that have done poorly have done poorly for very obvious reasons. So yes this looks like it's somewhat sophisticated propaganda promoted by somebody who's got a vested interest in selling the drug. The fact that the authors are Anonymous automatically invalidates it anyway. There are no Anonymous authors in real and legitimate science. And of course the final proof that it's propaganda, no peer review.

But these days, where most people get all their information about the world from unvetted websites mainly operating on commercial incentives, or from Facebook which is the same thing, this probably will get some traction. Sadly.

Last edited:
Wow. Who are these "interests" that are trying to force HCQ on us? Whoever they are, it looks to me like they are well funded to have well designed and tested sites. Not just some random person doing it.

or maybe:

That may sound paranoid, but in view of the report that Russian troll farms are amplifying all kinds of misinformation about COVID-19, it's not. Trump's denial and misinformation must be viewed by Putin as the gift that just keeps on giving. Kill a few US servicemen with bounties, but kill thousands of citizens inside the USA with lies and disinformation warfare.

Yep. It's pure propaganda. No authors, no University affiliation, mysterious website that is protected from any review, plus there's no such thing as a "country randomization". LOL :eek:That's total horseshit. Technically at best this approach could be categorized as a retrospective cohort study but it is not a randomized trial of anything. And the countries that have done poorly have done poorly for very obvious reasons. So yes this looks like it's somewhat sophisticated propaganda promoted by somebody who's got a vested interest in selling the drug. The fact that the authors are Anonymous automatically invalidates it anyway. There are no Anonymous authors in real and legitimate science. And of course the final proof that it's propaganda, no peer review.

But these days, where most people get all their information about the world from unvetted websites mainly operating on commercial incentives, or from Facebook which is the same thing, this probably will get some traction. Sadly.

Here is real peer reviewed science that shows beyond any question I believe that hydroxychloroquine does not actually prevent infection. That has been one of the hypotheses offered about its prophylactic value, the other being that if given early it may moderate the course of infection, particularly if given with zinc. This was just published in the New England Journal of Medicine. That second possibility is a more challenging possibility to prove or falsify, but I haven't seen any data supporting it that was double-blinded and properly controlled.

https://twitter.com/youyanggu/status/1291092311045283841?s=20

Explanation of covid19-projections.com underlying assumptions.

Seems about right. I'm not so sure about his fitting formula for number of infections, though I've seen similar formulas elsewhere. I'd prefer to see a formula derived from what physically happens as testing is increased. Some similar formulas have been modified to produce fewer actual infections than what he derives.

He gives an IFR of 0.25% (which I think is a bit low, even given lower % of infections of elderly (it's about half of what it was before, so I'd expect IFR to drop by nearly a factor of 2)). I think this is low because he's overestimating the number of infections slightly. But I guess we'll see. I would guess more like 0.3 to 0.35%, down from earlier values in most places of about 0.7%.

But anyway, seems pretty in the ballpark. He's currently estimating 225k deaths. I suspect that will end up being low, especially given the trajectory of school reopenings (unbelievably, we really are going forward with that!). He's assuming that we'll start doing a good job. If he's right about that, then of course his estimate may end up being quite reasonable.

Chinese scientist who fled to US claims coronavirus came from a ‘military lab’
Chinese scientist who fled to US claims coronavirus came from a 'military lab'

Lol.

The good news is that FINALLY we're getting back to normal now. We've got a firm hand on the tiller now, so we're able to really have normal school again. It's what the kids need!

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 3.30.01 PM.png

Fortunately, it takes longer than a 5-minute hallway exchange, with animated & vocal sharing about summer adventures, to pick up the coronavirus. If there's one thing we've learned over the last 6 months is that it is really TOUGH to catch this virus. This robust resistance of the population to spread and the rapid and inexorable burnout of the virus we've seen over the past six months is probably due to those super strong T-cells that basically all of us have.

Georgia second grader tests positive for coronavirus after first day of school, forcing class to quarantine

And more
- HCQ is so far the most effective and safest medicine to prevent and cure the virus.
- HCQ is discredited due to Huge interests behind vaccine investment and pharmaceutical factory, including Fauci
- Man-modified virus came from military lab, there are also many other variations...
- No much time left, we need actions

Sign a waiver, and I am sure I can find a doc to write you that HCQ script. ;)

Reactions: dfwatt