Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool Model S Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 10241

Tesla Marketing Director George Blankenship is in that last one![/QUOTE]

...And so am I - man, this is hilarious. Just happened to open this thread, heading to sleep. And -wait- that's me in the driver's seat. Best potrait I could imagine having of me "with" George. Very nice - thanks. Was so tempted to throw it into Drive and head out past Victoria's Secret and right out the Mall doors onto Route 9...

photo.JPG

A little perspective. The amount of birds that die flying into glass buildings is like 100 times the wind turbine count. Though bats are a still a problem in some areas. That has been solved by slower moving large turbines.

Audubon and Sierra Club fully endorse wind turbines (and recently electric cars too) as they see the bigger picture of how other forms of electricly genteration are much harsher to the nearby ecosystems. The extremists are the ones who have no solution to power generation.

A little perspective. The amount of birds that die flying into glass buildings is like 100 times the wind turbine count. Though bats are a still a problem in some areas. That has been solved by slower moving large turbines.

Audubon and Sierra Club fully endorse wind turbines (and recently electric cars too) as they see the bigger picture of how other forms of electricly genteration are much harsher to the nearby ecosystems. The extremists are the ones who have no solution to power generation.

+1 on this. Wind turbines kill/maim significantly less birds than glass buildings.

Could that be because glass buildings are more prevalent?

No a single glass building with the same area as a wind turbine will kill much more birds. They can't properly see the buildings from a distance and fly straight into them. And if you look at bird populations either of these structures are not even remotely going to cause a problem. From what I gather they can see the wind turbines but can't quite properly judge the movement of the blades.

Could that be because glass buildings are more prevalent?

Have you guys read "Renewable Energy - Without the Hot Air"? It's very, very good and enables the reader to see through both hype and fud. Written by physics professor David MacKay, who is deeply concerned about both CO[sub]2[/sub] and energy supply. His mission is to enable the reader to check whether any given plan to get off carbon actually adds up, and what it will require. Only basic arithmetics needed.

Read it! Available for free on the net too: Renewable Energy - Without the Hot Air.

Last edited:
Have you guys read "Renewable Energy - Without the Hot Air"? It's very, very good and enables the reader to see through both hype and fud. Written by physics professor David MacKay, who is deeply concerned about both CO[SUB]2[/SUB] and energy supply. His mission is to enable the reader to check whether any given plan to get off carbon actually adds up, and what it will require. Only basic arithmetics needed.

Read it! Available for free on the net too: Renewable Energy - Without the Hot Air.

I read that some time ago. The only major problem I found is that he's totally misinformed about the Prius, misses the entire point of the vehicle, and gets several facts about it wrong.