Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ambiguous Model S interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
I was browsing the Tesla used car inventory and looked at a listing for a 2021 Model S for sale in the Boston area. I was not sure if the car would be a "Raven" or a newer facelift design, so I looked at the photo of the interior to see what screen is installed, horizontal or vertical. I was startled to see the image shows no screen!
I guess whoever posted the listing wasn't sure, either, so left it ambiguous!
This may indicate that it is risky to rely too much on the images posted of cars for sale on tesla.com.... ;)
Used_2021_modelS_Missing screen_1130-2023.PNG

If the screen is in the dash, which this car has one beyond the curved area of the dash hidden by this shot, this is an early 2021 model before the 2021+ was introduced.
Thanks! That should have occurred to me, especially since my car is a 2015, but now that you mention it I can see what you mean. There still seems to be something weird about that black shape at the bottom of the upholstery strip, but it is probably just the angle of the photo.
Anyway, sorry I drew the wrong conclusion! I was imagining that Tesla was using some sort of composite graphic instead of a photo....

Thanks! That should have occurred to me, especially since my car is a 2015, but now that you mention it I can see what you mean. There still seems to be something weird about that black shape at the bottom of the upholstery strip, but it is probably just the angle of the photo.
Anyway, sorry I drew the wrong conclusion! I was imagining that Tesla was using some sort of composite graphic instead of a photo....
I think your mind is telling you to get a new one. That's all 😁

I think your mind is telling you to get a new one. That's all 😁
I'd love to, but -- I have posted elsewhere (too much and too often, most likely) that I am in the market for something to replace my 2015 Model S, but have not been happy with the low seating in the S (getting old!), have not found the X or Y to be comfortable enough, and am looking at other options.