Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Differences Between Mid-2018 Model S and Mid-2023 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the question is...it was actually included in the price of the older car. (Unlike today where it is not included... you pay for it separately.) So it's kinda like "can I keep the jack and spare tire of my old Dodge when I trade it in...or will they ask for it?)

Won't really know until you trade it in.
I think the question is...it was actually included in the price of the older car. (Unlike today where it is not included... you pay for it separately.) So it's kinda like "can I keep the jack and spare tire of my old Dodge when I trade it in...or will they ask for it?)

They will not ask you for it and if they do you’re not going to give it to them. I guarantee you they’re not pricing that into the offer that you’re getting. Moreover, you can rest assured that if it was important to them it would be included in the instructions that you must bring the cables.

I just traded my 2021 M3 performance for a 2023 Plaid (could not resist the massive price drop and FSD transfer). They were never going to get my cable and they didn’t!

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
They will not ask you for it and if they do you’re not going to give it to them. I guarantee you they’re not pricing that into the offer that you’re getting. Moreover, you can rest assured that if it was important to them it would be included in the instructions that you must bring the cables.

I just traded my 2021 M3 performance for a 2023 Plaid (could not resist the massive price drop and FSD transfer). They were never going to get my cable and they didn’t!
Right! They didn't get mine either, and didn't ask. 😊 Thanks.

Reactions: dalton108
One of the most interesting personal observations after a month of ownership is hill driving. My spouse is prone to motion sickness. To the point of needing a break to throw up roadside on occasion. This used to be fairly routine and anticipated in the past. Didn't seem to help even if I babied the throttle. Happened on multiple Tahoe and Yosemite trips.

The new MSLR through hilly twisty roads does not cause her this problem. My prior cars all had coil , including the 2016 MS 75D. The new one has the default air suspension, which I set either in auto or comfort modes. I didn't baby it in the hills - we just suddenly realized mid-drive that there was no motion sickness going on. Over a sample size of two drives, this is a new revelation, and certainly a really happy one for all concerned.

Hmm.

The jack and spare tire would likely be considered as part of the standard kit.

The charger? Not so much, especially since the new cars no longer come with one.

You paid for it as part of the cost the car--I'd keep it and use it on your next Tesla, or as a spare.

Most likely. I had the same car as you. The lack of horn in the middle bugs me and the lack of stalks. However, I can live with it. When driving with the yoke, I kept accidentally hitting the horn. The round steering wheel workswell.
The lack of a proper, centrally located horn is a safety hazard.

Hope you'll never need to use your horn in an emergency . . . .

At least they fixed that disaster with the Highland Model 3.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird
The lack of a proper, centrally located horn is a safety hazard.

Hope you'll never need to use your horn in an emergency . . . .

At least they fixed that disaster with the Highland Model 3.

Just retrain your local neural net.

Think of all the things that Elon has said, promised or lied about.

You will feel your fist clenching.

Now, get in the car and pretend to punch the wheel/yoke, but just before impact, open your fist and karate chop just to the right of center. The side of your hand will slide off the airbag, and hit the horn.

Your results may vary, especially in a turn.

They still don't have a proper horn (push center of steering wheel) in the Model S?
YES, and what is especially galling is Elon's Tweet on this well over a friggin' YEAR AGO, March of 2022:

ABSOLUTELY INSANE that Elon acknowledges there's a problem, promises a fix, and then blows us all off.

Reactions: dsm363
YES, and what is especially galling is Elon's Tweet on this well over a friggin' YEAR AGO, March of 2022:

ABSOLUTELY INSANE that Elon acknowledges there's a problem, promises a fix, and then blows us all off.
Not exactly out of character, tbh. Esp in the days of Twitter.

Insane is what you have to be to believe any future promises

Learning not to trust anything Elon says is a right of passage for Tesla owners

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus and aerodyne