Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity: Galaxy S3 bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we first got our Model S my phone was running Android 4.0 and bluetooth was acting weird (in my Roadster too w/ an Alpine stereo). Once I upgraded to Android 4.1 (the phone, not the model S) it has been working flawlessly. So maybe something to try...

It should pair automatically .... dont recall any settings in my Note II BT setup .. but double check ... if not, just unpair and pair again.
I agree on the unpair/repair. This happens rarely to me. I'm wondering if it's because sometimes I walk past the car w/ the phone in my pocket to unplug it. As I walk past the car "wakes up". Perhaps by the time it's trying to pair I'm at the back of the car and it doesn't have enough signal and gives up before I actually get in the car?

I'm trying to help my buddy with his Model S and pairing his S3. Thanks to the help in this thread I was able to pair it. However, the contacts won't load. Just the spinning wheel as it continuously tries to load. Calls work- just no contact list loading. Any suggestions?

No issues until yesterday. NO new updates to the S. Won't find my GS3. Deleted the Model S off my GS3 and deleted my GS3 off my Model S. Tried to re-pair (clicking the check box), but they won't find each other. Have rebooted my GS3 and stopped and started my Model S. This is the 2nd day this happened in a row after a month without problems. Maybe I should try and reboot the screens of the Model S? :confused:
I've said, on multiple occasions, that the greater TMC community has been an invaluable help with so much that is Tesla & EV. There is a wealth of knowledge on these boards. But this may be the 1st time that that knowledge is derived from a "past me". You see, all of the sudden, I was again having trouble pairing my phone since the 4.3 update. Couldn't figure it out, yet I'd attempted so many remedies. I decide to go back to TMC & did some knowledge base searches. Read a few threads and then came back to this one. Started reading it & like a manual, would mutter under my breath, "tried that one, tried that one, tried that one all to no avail". Then I happened upon this post by me. "Hmmm, haven't tried that one yet"! Tried it and it worked! Thank YOU DrTaras of nearly 3 months ago! :redface:

My Galaxy S3 worked marvelously with Tessie during her first two months. But now with a new Galaxy S4 GPe, the phone sound quality is crappy. Not for me, though; only for the recipient. 4X. Then yesterday I tried a little experiment: I disabled Bluetooth, then while driving Tessie (BAD idea) I called my wife on my GS4 GPe. She said the sound quality was great. Best ever.

OK, what's going on here?