Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 13 Pro's Playlist not showing on screen when iPhone is connected via Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model 3 does not display my iPhone's "native" songs play list when connected via bluetooth to the Tesla. It worked with my previous Model 3 and as fas as I know, nothing is different in the setup.

I already unpaired and re-paired the phone, rebooted the phone, the Tesla screen and had it "power off" for a few hours, but nothing has resolved it. In the previous model 3, it automatically worked once the phone was paired and it also worked on two other Model 3's I've been in. It plays the song and shows current song being play, just the playlist doesn't show.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Does it show up after the first song changes? I find sometimes when listening to Bluetooth audio that the album cover art and song que doesn't show up initially when I get in the car but when the next song comes on the album art shows up as do the upcoming song que. Bluetooth audio is an afterthought in these vehicles unfortunately.

I dont use bluetooth audio (I listen to spotify for music in the car) but is it possible that the difference you are seeing is because your new car is still on the factory firmware version?

If so, perhaps when the car updates, the behavior could return to what you expect / saw in other cars / your own old model 3.

I made a service appointment and I'll let you know what they say

I can tell you what they will say, without even being there. Some combination of:

1. That never worked like that
2. Thats working as intended
3. Wait for a future firmware update.

TL ; DR i am almost positive you are wasting your own time by making a service appointment for something like this, as there is nothing a service center will be able to do except push whatever software version you have staged for your car out.

Are you still on factory firmware (what firmware version is your car on)? If so, the best you can hope for us a push of non factory firmware (if its staged for your car). If not, best you can hope for is a future firmware version to restore what you are talking about.

Reactions: Fiver and Big Earl
I can tell you what they will say, without even being there. Some combination of:

1. That never worked like that
2. Thats working as intended
3. Wait for a future firmware update.

TL ; DR i am almost positive you are wasting your own time by making a service appointment for something like this, as there is nothing a service center will be able to do except push whatever software version you have staged for your car out.

Are you still on factory firmware (what firmware version is your car on)? If so, the best you can hope for us a push of non factory firmware (if its staged for your car). If not, best you can hope for is a future firmware version to restore what you are talking about.
I am on the latest firmware. The car had two updates since I go it a couple weeks ago. It now has 517 miles and is running 2022.24.8

Update. So after 571 miles, I made an appointment to take it to my local service center for the following issues:

The Bluetooth functionality is poor. When listen to music that is downloaded to my iPhone 13 Pro, the Tesla has the following problems:

The playlist that is playing on the iPhone does not show on Tesla screen. Note: It has shown up briefly, twice

Intermittently has popping sounds, like old vinyl record while playing music. If I rewind and re-play that section of music, it does not repeat the popping sound, so it’s not in the recording.

Intermittently drops connection to iPhone music, but iPhone is still connected to the car via Bluetooth

Intermittently has 30-50 second delay in playing music when play s pressed. But you can see it playing on the iPhone and the phone shows connected to the car.

Intermittently takes a long time to start playing music from the iPhone. (does not show playing on the iPhone)

Intermittently when I first get in the car, the Bluetooth music starts to play and just stops playing and I have to press the "play" button several times before it responds.

Sometimes, it won't play at all until I reselect the playlist on the iPhone and then it starts to play

Sound quality - please check to see if this car actually has the premium audio system. Sometimes it seems to sound "thin" (lacking low end, but if I turn up the bass, it is there) But this could be in my mind, due to the issues above.

When I am in the car and it is silent, with HVAC off and car is not turned "on" yet, I hear a slight buzz, coming from behind the screen. I have a video recording of this.

Headlights - There is a "hole" in the light patter while in low beams only that shows up on the road, just over the double yellow lines. I have a picture of this.

The charging port indicator light, right under the charging port door's hinge "leaks" light into the white paint. I have a picture of this.

Front suspension - when back out of a parking spot and the steering wheel is fully turned to the left (sometimes right) I feel/hear a groan and sometimes a popping sound. There is some noise when backing out turning right as well.

This is my third Tesla Model 3. Each has had a list of issues.......

You mention this is your third tesla model 3 so this likely isnt your first rodeo with tesla service. I am going to be extremely (extremely) shocked, if you are not told one of those things I said above in post #7 for all of your "bluetooth" / media playing concerns.

In fact, I am going to be surprised if they (tesla service ) do anything at all about anything on that list, other than say "within spec", with the exception of perhaps the suspension, and or maybe the headlight.

I am expecting you to come back and say they told you everything is within spec, and not be very pleased about tesla service. Let us know how this comes out, I am interested to hear if tesla will actually even acknowledge any of your bluetooth concerns.

Note: I am not saying "its not happening" or anything, I just think tesla will say one of those things I said in post 7 in response.

You mention this is your third tesla model 3 so this likely isnt your first rodeo with tesla service. I am going to be extremely (extremely) shocked, if you are not told one of those things I said above in post #7 for all of your "bluetooth" / media playing concerns.

In fact, I am going to be surprised if they (tesla service ) do anything at all about anything on that list, other than say "within spec", with the exception of perhaps the suspension, and or maybe the headlight.

I am expecting you to come back and say they told you everything is within spec, and not be very pleased about tesla service. Let us know how this comes out, I am interested to hear if tesla will actually even acknowledge any of your bluetooth concerns.

Note: I am not saying "its not happening" or anything, I just think tesla will say one of those things I said in post 7 in response.
The Bluetooth has to be fixed. If not I may just sell it and look for something else because I use it in 100% of my drives and I know it’s messed up because the other two had none of these issues with the Bluetooth. Actually none of these issues. But had others.

Last edited:
The Bluetooth has to be fixed. If not I may just sell it and look for something else because I use it in 100% of my drives and I know it’s messed up because the other two had none of these issues with the Bluetooth. Actually none of these issues. But had others.

My money is on them saying "Oh you are on a factory firmware version, wait until you get one of the regular releases and try it again". You never answered what firmware version you are on, so I am going to assume that a car with <600 miles is still on one of the factory firmware versions of 2022.10X.X

No change. Tesla cancelled my service appointment when I was on my way to the service center after waiting for 3 weeks for an appointment. They rescheduled for two weeks later. I’m not sure why this is my third Tesla. It’s likely my last. Shame.

No one has this issue?
My wife uses Bluetooth and typically uses the playlist on the car interface, and started complaining about this issue when we updated to 2022.20.8. So it's obviously a firmware bug that showed up in 2022.20.8. And this is when using an Android phone, so it's not an interoperability issue with iOS.

Now installing 2022.28.2
And said bug apparently hasn't been fixed as of 2022.28.2

My wife uses Bluetooth and typically uses the playlist on the car interface, and started complaining about this issue when we updated to 2022.20.8. So it's obviously a firmware bug that showed up in 2022.20.8. And this is when using an Android phone, so it's not an interoperability issue with iOS.

And said bug apparently hasn't been fixed as of 2022.28.2
Good to know. That means, it will be fixed.

Reactions: S v eastman