Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Concept] Model X image without nose-cone and A pillar cross-beam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a new concept of Model X nose with body colored and black nosecones based on the recent sighting video. Windshield has also been extended upwards, speculative LED headlights added and a legacy Tesla T strip (I don't expect that to be in the production version, but I guess something like it could be) fills the gap at the front, all wrapped in the new, totally factual color of Anxiety Yellow.

model_x_concept_yellow.jpg

One thing I think this image illustrates is how merely a bodycolored nosecone might look like something is missing. If Tesla goes down that route, I'd perhaps expect some other front detail to be more striking than in this concept image.

To put it all into perspective, and since there weren't enough brown concept images in this thread, below are my past concepts of Model X noses without or with body colored nosecones. :) Seriously, though, I think it will be interesting (for myself at least) to see if in the final recknoning any of these bear any resemblance to the final product - the nose being the most camoed part of the Model X mules, who knows what Tesla has in store for us.

attachment.php?attachmentid=76594&d=1427839968.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=84451&d=1434580057.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=84625&d=1434709010.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=84628&d=1434710442.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=90612&d=1439654698.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=90677&d=1439715020.jpg

Sources:
Model X mule - Looking closely at the nose 08/2015
Model X mules - is the nose cone gone?
[Concept] Model X image without nose-cone and A pillar cross-beam

Thanks AR, you spent some time and it really helped me - I'm terrible at envisioning things like this unaided. I'm loving that blue, that's my new plan! Of course, the actual car may look nothing like this, but at least now I have a satisfying mental image for the next week...

Thank you, Alec.

I have to say, after a long while of extensive speculation and mocking-up, it is nice to now just kind of sit back (with the occasional second-row detour) and watch how little or much of the analysis, speculation and/or mere guesswork produced useful stuff that materialized on some level. Looking forward to September 29th.

Notice how there is no chrome line above the T only below it on the reveal image compared to that of the mules.

Indeed, I noted that too.

Then again, the invite image is so stylized, we can't tell if parts of the front chrome trim (e.g. nosecone) are merely Photoshopped out. Because, of course, as is the image suggests no chrome-trimmed nose-cone, but I don't know if we can make that call yet.

One idea that popped into my mind was what if that trim and T logo were actually an LED strip and that's what the car looks like when driven in darkness. Seems unlikely, but it certainly would be quite cool in my books. Although, maybe just a little electric car concept like. :)

I have retired from Model X concepting, so I won't try to Photoshop what that would look like. Luckily we will see in a (less than) weeks time! :)

Now it is just a matter of seeing how the past speculation and shipping reality align.