Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Concept] Model X image without nose-cone and A pillar cross-beam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnxietyRanger

Aug 22, 2014
EU
There are alleged leaksters and speculation suggesting removal or changes to the Model X nose cone, as well as a new source/troll/unknown claiming a body colored nose-cone for both Model X and future Model S facelift. On the other hand, it seems almost a given that the cross-beam between A pillars (present on the 2012-2013 Model X prototypes) is gone on the 2015 Model X mules. There is also speculation this might entail electrochromic windows and/or gorilla glass.

Add to that, there have of course been the plentiful Model X mules to gander at, so I decided to take a look at what Model X might look like with a body colored nose-cone as well as cross-beamless front window extending from bonnet, without break all the way to the middle of the car. I also added a few other lighter shaded elements to this recent mule sighting to give a bit more contrast.

model_x_concept.jpg

Please don't get hung up on my admittedly bad photoshopmanship, but what do you think - anything to these speculations? :) Special thanks to Jersey Girl for the base photo and grant10k for the chrome extends.

?..it seems almost a given that the cross-beam between A pillars (present on the 2012-2013 Model X prototypes) is gone on the 2015 Model X mules.
I have seen no evidence, in the thread you linked to or in any per thread, that the Model X roof area at the top of the windshield is any different from the Model S. Cars need a strong structural support in that area to protect the occupants during rollover accidents. Elon obviously wants the X to get a 5 star safety rating in every category and subcategory, and he stated that very clearly at the shareholders meeting.
I will not be buying an X, but I am really looking forward to the reveal, whenever that occurs, to lay to rest some of the wild speculation about its design and features.

Will there be some surprises? Of course, Elon has been very clear about that. We shall see soon enough.

Last edited:
ecarfan: The missing cross-beam has been witnessed, is visible in the photos of the mules and in the known leaks as well. Whether or not it will make it into production is of course still speculative. It is my opinion, though, that out of these two issues illustrated here, the nose-cone is the far more speculative one than the missing cross-beam.

Here is the concept in a few colors - this is of course absolutely speculative (as are the colors), just illustrating the idea that has been discussed:

model_x_concept_colors.jpg

One thing this mock-up fails to take into consideration, just like my previous mock-up did, are the possible vents/vent strip underneath the nosecone. Model S of course has vents in the lower part of the nosecone and went through prototype iterations of the same.

The vents and possibly an older nosecone proto or camo feature can be seen on the white mule shots here: Model X mules - is the nose cone gone?

Notice how much the nosecone on the mules has changed since those white camoed mules, quite a bit. Of course it might all still be just throw-us-off camo, but it looks much less so in the latest black mules than on the white ones early this year.

Looks good AR. Especially the red 1.:smile:

Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

I think adding color to mule sightings might bring something new to the discussion, so I'll consider that in the future as well. Color helps appreciate the lines better, while also helping to hide the effects of camo a little - makes checking out the general shape just that bit easier.

One thing this mock-up fails to take into consideration, just like my previous mock-up did, are the possible vents/vent strip underneath the nosecone. Model S of course has vents in the lower part of the nosecone and went through prototype iterations of the same.

The vents and possibly an older nosecone proto or camo feature can be seen on the white mule shots here: Model X mules - is the nose cone gone?

Notice how much the nosecone on the mules has changed since those white camoed mules, quite a bit. Of course it might all still be just throw-us-off camo, but it looks much less so in the latest black mules than on the white ones early this year.

Here is the general area edited in, where we've seen vents - and where a close look at the Jersey Girl sighting might still betray vents underneath black camo wrap.

model_x_concept_color_grille.jpg

Nice work AR, but did you leave the side mirrors on purpose? If you can add a guy with a checkered shirt, I think this could pass as a new mule spotting. :wink:

I missed them originally and then let them be. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work AR, but did you leave the side mirrors on purpose? If you can add a guy with a checkered shirt, I think this could pass as a new mule spotting. :wink:

Happy now? :)

model_x_concept_color_grille_4.jpg