Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints on ordering and customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After this compliant, I can see they just carefully answer all questions from us. They dun want to get fail in CS again maybe.

In my view, they have always done this. Yet earlier on, they have highly underestimated how square and stiff the Hong Kong system is, much more difficult and inflexible than the rest of the world.

So they learned a lesson.

To me, since December 2012, they have always been cautious, yet given me an estimate to the best of their knowledge. They didn't lie to me, yet some of the things they said was based on expectations and predictions. For this reason, the delivery schedule shifted from "late 2013" to now, summer 2014 - of the first deliveries. Such is life, these things do happen.

I just reserved Model X last night, there is a mistake so I emailed and called this morning. They replied my email quickly, remember it's Sunday today. And when I called them, the call is answered at once with friendly voice tune. I owned Benz, BMW, Nissan, and Toyota before; I feel none of these companies can compare to Tesla. I believe it will be next Apple. Great quality unique product and superb customer service.
Be happy and enjoy your Tesla. :)

I just reserved Model X last night, there is a mistake so I emailed and called this morning. They replied my email quickly, remember it's Sunday today. And when I called them, the call is answered at once with friendly voice tune. I owned Benz, BMW, Nissan, and Toyota before; I feel none of these companies can compare to Tesla. I believe it will be next Apple. Great quality unique product and superb customer service.
Be happy and enjoy your Tesla. :)

Welcome to the forums and TMC, ck1116, and congratulations with your model X order. If only I had had more patience (and money), I would probably had ordered one instead of the model S. One one of each? I don't even need either, really, but for sure I want one.

i have 3 sons now, so i need 7-seats; otherwise, i would also considered model S.

Welcome to the forums and TMC, ck1116, and congratulations with your model X order. If only I had had more patience (and money), I would probably had ordered one instead of the model S. One one of each? I don't even need either, really, but for sure I want one.

I believe the Model X has three rows, all front facing. So just like any other SUV or MPV on the road today, shouldn't be an issue.

I didn't read too much about MX but it seems so:

Elon states 3rd row seats will be removable in Model X, plus more from EU interviews

if it comes before the end of the HK FRT exemption expires (and isn't extended again), then I might consider trading in my (yet to come) MS with a MX ...

cyrushk, did you get any answers to your questions so far?

I didn't read too much about MX but it seems so:

Elon states 3rd row seats will be removable in Model X, plus more from EU interviews

if it comes before the end of the HK FRT exemption expires (and isn't extended again), then I might consider trading in my (yet to come) MS with a MX ...

cyrushk, did you get any answers to your questions so far?

I dun see they reply me till now. Quite disappointed to their speed. I will call them on Monday and let see how they handle it.

I dun see they reply me till now. Quite disappointed to their speed. I will call them on Monday and let see how they handle it.

Some of the questions you asked, are some they won't be able to answer - yet.

I have been waiting for the model S since December 2012, and the waiting time is difficult. I try to engage in other things, which is not really that hard, though as you can see I am quite active here on the forums.

Be patient - there is not much more you can do. You won't lose any money, if you wait, and any time you are not happy, just refund your money. There are lots of other customers for Tesla Motors, and I am sure they would rather give the money back to you, than have an unhappy customer.

If Tesla gives information out about something which hasn't been resolved yet, and then it changes, then there will be a lot of angry and disappointed customers. I think for that reason, they will rather wait until they are sure, as they have burned themselves too much already.

They are working hard to make this car, and the supporting infrastructure, as close to perfect as possible - despite all the resistance from government, Transport Department, Customs, parking space owners and ... even customers. Give them a chance to come up with a product which will most likely be the best car you have ever owned and driven.