Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints about Model 3 pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't have model years.

Tesla makes changes randomly during the year instead of holding off on release of changes till a new model year.

But that doesn't change the fact that they absolutely do have model years.

And because customers held off on buying a new car in Nov/Dec because the "new model year" would be released soon, Tesla now releases the following year's "model" way earlier, just like everyone else does.

This is the first time that a change was made in a model year and that does not make a trend. Tesla says they make changes at any time. The VIN has to have a model year. The salient facts are range, motors, performance, AP, EAP, FSD, premium connectivity, sound proofing, seals and mileage. Year is unimportant

Why didn’t someone tell me that my big screen TV would be 40% cheaper a month after I bought mine? No refund or anything!!!!
In many cases (depending on where you bought it), there is a 30-day return window. If you're still in that window, you could theoretically return it (getting a refund on the higher amount) and buying it at the new lower price. Some places will sometimes just refund the difference.

With Tesla, the window is 7 days.

• Disagree
Reactions: coconutboy84