Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Competing technologies to BEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to be confused with those atheist evangelists who are constantly knocking down my door.

Not to be confused with any particular sect.

shcoexist.jpg

100 kmpl translates to 230mpg. Prius killer? Though a concept, the numbers are quite high!!

Renault Eolab concept revealed| ZigWheels.com

I think that number is cooked. It probably ignores the fact that it used pre-stored electricity to go 60 of those 100 km (or something like that). And what is that power unit they are using (PS)? Is it kW equivalent? Or HP? Oh, I finally found something that tells me it's "metric horsepower", which gives me no confidence at all in the article.

A friend of mine bought a Volt for 21K (after deduction) in Miami about a month ago. He's happy and loves the car. Good thing is, he's not uses a single gallons of gas so far and he uses the car as a daily commute.

I am wondering if GM makes money at this sales price.

Share fleets

Interesting article in Venture Beat, Korea's sharing economy propelled as domestic ride sharing service gets $18m.

Main extracts:

Car sharing in Korea is growing thanks to Korea's high population density and good public transport infrastructure.

Socar, car sharing company, launched in 2012 with 100 Hyundai Sonatas. Now it has over 1000 vehicles and a database of over 50,000 users.

Socar operates similarly to ZipCar. Users sign up and receive a car key. Members reserve a car via a mobile application. Rental times can be adjusted by 10 min intervals.

Currently a user signs up for the service every minute, with around 50,000 rides/month. Socar's annual sales are $30m.

Since founding, the company has grown by 10 times/year. Socar plans to expand its fleet to 5,000 cars, thus reducing the car wait time to 10-15 min anywhere in Korea. Development plans involve adding on demand peer car sharing and ride sharing service on mobile.

Customers appreciate the convenience and highly customized self-driving service that comes at affordable cost.

Interesting points from the article (mind you this could be Fox's statement our Toyota's own):
- Expect to sell "tens of thousands" in 5-6 years
- Better range (300 miles) than the current leading electric car

My take: tens of thousands in 5-6 years is nothing=compliance car only. Toyota want FCVs grouped as "electric cars".

Interesting points from the article (mind you this could be Fox's statement our Toyota's own):
- Expect to sell "tens of thousands" in 5-6 years
- Better range (300 miles) than the current leading electric car

My take: tens of thousands in 5-6 years is nothing=compliance car only. Toyota want FCVs grouped as "electric cars".

Toyota says 10s of Ks in 2020's. And Toyota says up to 300 miles. Likely meaning 300 miles at 55 mph or 265 EPA miles.