Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Preferences - Model S

What color Model S would you like the most?

• Black

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • White

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Silver/Grey

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Electric Blue

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Glacier Blue

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lightning Green

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Lipstick Red

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Candy Red

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Very Orange

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also for those of you also interested in the Monterey Blue, on the color sample board outside right next to the test ride area, I thought it looked MUCH darker in person than it does on the website. So maybe that makes you happy and maybe it makes you sad, but that's my observation. :)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the information.

Initially we were interested in the Roadster Electric Blue color and as a result I thought the Model S Monterey Blue might do the trick. However, my wife and I just left the Santana Row store and they have the Model S paint samples mounted. There were 10 colors. The Monterey Blue is too dark for us since we live in Florida. I am little bit disappointed by the limited color selection that we have so far. I'd like to see them open up the color selection to at least include the Roadster colors for a start.

Larry

Last edited:
Larry,

sadly, there is no easy taking over the Roadster colors to Model S. Sotira in France builds and paints the Roadster body panels. Availability of special paint jobs was answered with "any color that DuPont makes".

I for sure wish to see more colors in the standard palette hat underline the extraordinary statement the car makes.

During my tour, we had a chance to ask questions of one of the paint guys in the paint room. I forget his name unfortunately, but from what he said I think he actually RUNS the paint shop and he CLEARLY knew what he was talking about. !

Bald guy right? He was a chatty one. He said one of the hardest things is working with the metal painting machine guy with the plastic (bumper) painting guys. Getting a perfect match was tough.

I asked if the paint guns can change colors as cars come down the line as I have seen on "Ultimate Factories". He said the robots can hold two colors and go back and forth. If they get really busy they can expand it's capabilities.

As I have a custom colored Roadster painted by the Lotus factory I just assumed they could do custom colors again. All it takes is money.

Bald guy right? He was a chatty one. He said one of the hardest things is working with the metal painting machine guy with the plastic (bumper) painting guys. Getting a perfect match was tough.

I asked if the paint guns can change colors as cars come down the line as I have seen on "Ultimate Factories". He said the robots can hold two colors and go back and forth. If they get really busy they can expand it's capabilities.

As I have a custom colored Roadster painted by the Lotus factory I just assumed they could do custom colors again. All it takes is money.

Yeah, that was him. His passion for the car-painting process was impressive.