Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teh CA coast has been moving since the beginning of time. (Tectonics)

So how does that explain the sea level rise, in Miami, Annapolis, Charleston, Boston..................................................................

Reactions: Raffy.Roma
So how does that explain the sea level rise, in Miami, Annapolis, Charleston, Boston..................................................................

Global average sea level has risen 8–9 inches (21–24 centimeters) since 1880.
In 2022, global average sea level set a new record high—101.2 mm (4 inches) above 1993 levels.
The rate of global sea level rise is accelerating: it has more than doubled from 0.06 inches (1.4 millimeters) per year throughout most of the twentieth century to 0.14 inches (3.6 millimeters) per year from 2006–2015.
coastline, the rate of local sea level rise is greater than the global average due to land processes like erosion, oil and groundwater pumping, and subsidence.
High-tide flooding is now 300% to more than 900% more frequent than it was 50 years ago.
If we are able to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions, U.S. sea level in 2100 is projected to be around 0.6 meters (2 feet) higher on average than it was in 2000.
On a pathway with high greenhouse gas emissions and rapid ice sheet collapse, models project that average sea level rise for the contiguous United States could be 2.2 meters (7.2 feet) by 2100 and 3.9 meters (13 feet) by 2150.

To this concern I report a

Global average sea level has risen 8–9 inches (21–24 centimeters) since 1880.
In 2022, global average sea level set a new record high—101.2 mm (4 inches) above 1993 levels.
The rate of global sea level rise is accelerating: it has more than doubled from 0.06 inches (1.4 millimeters) per year throughout most of the twentieth century to 0.14 inches (3.6 millimeters) per year from 2006–2015.
coastline, the rate of local sea level rise is greater than the global average due to land processes like erosion, oil and groundwater pumping, and subsidence.
High-tide flooding is now 300% to more than 900% more frequent than it was 50 years ago.
If we are able to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions, U.S. sea level in 2100 is projected to be around 0.6 meters (2 feet) higher on average than it was in 2000.
On a pathway with high greenhouse gas emissions and rapid ice sheet collapse, models project that average sea level rise for the contiguous United States could be 2.2 meters (7.2 feet) by 2100 and 3.9 meters (13 feet) by 2150.
To this concern I wish to report a post took by the Climate Change/Global Warming Discussion thread treating the matter of Global sea level rising due to the Climate Change issue.

Post in thread 'Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion' Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

Last edited:
Two things can be true, land is sinking while water is rising.

Last edited:
So - yes you are correct but look at this other thing, too?
Not sure I understand your point. Land has been moving since the beginning of time. (The Rockies and Sierra Nevada and Coast range mountains were created by moving land masses. Today, there's this thing called the San Andreas Fault which has movement aplenty on those big tectonic plates).

Sinking land makes rising seas much worse. San Francisco Bay is sinking while at the same time water levels are rising.

Great video - I learned a lot. How stupid easy it was to get lead out of obvious things. The sad part is that it is still all over the place - in the US at least but at least we don't burn it often.
Amazingly, the US banned lead in gas before the EU. The US was actually pretty good at some things back then. Imagine putting public health over profit before Europe does .....

Reactions: CyberGus
Great video - I learned a lot. How stupid easy it was to get lead out of obvious things. The sad part is that it is still all over the place - in the US at least but at least we don't burn it often.
Amazingly, the US banned lead in gas before the EU. The US was actually pretty good at some things back then. Imagine putting public health over profit before Europe does .....

Ironically, it it was the new emissions regulations, because catalytic converters had problems with leaded gasoline.
So instead we ended up with ethanol, which some researchers had advocated for back in the 1920s.

USA banned leaded gasoline before the _whole_ of the EU, but a number of European countries banned it earlier, and Germany banned it at the same time.

And they had no problems even though they have even more renewables than in 2021.

Apparently it wasn't the renewables that were the problem.
I’m no expert but I feel like more renewables + battery storage would make the grid even more reliable.
That way if you do lose some generating capacity as consumption goes up you have batteries to pick up the slack until generation can be brought back online

And it doesn’t have to be one central battery storage location, it could be something like teslas Virtual Power Grid in California.

I’m no expert but I feel like more renewables + battery storage would make the grid even more reliable.
That way if you do lose some generating capacity as consumption goes up you have batteries to pick up the slack until generation can be brought back online

And it doesn’t have to be one central battery storage location, it could be something like teslas Virtual Power Grid in California.
It should definitely help. Batteries are taking over grid services.

Any generation that doesn't depend on an interruptible flow of energy has potential for greater reliability.
Although in the 2021 event a coal power plant was shut down because its coal froze and a nuclear plant shut down due to something like a bogus sensor reading.

The stability of fuel supply was used as an argument by the right to try to prop up coal.

But everybody else weatherized so hadn't had significant problems with natural gas supply. Texas did it more recently and didn't have a a repeat of Feb 2021 this time.

Plus Texas has more PV now as well which should help take some of the load off the natural gas supply during some winter events.