Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning vegan leather interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No definitely NOT dead skin - bright white and clearly surfaces where my leg, arm or fingers touched, NEVER happens without sun screen :oops::oops::eek:

Ah, ok. Well, someone mentioned a plastic & vinyl protectant somwhere in the thread (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007RS4AO). ONR has been mentioned for cleaning. Between those two, I'm not sure what else is possible.

I don't like applying stuff to interior surfaces, makes them feel weird and greasy (perhaps I'm seeing people using the wrong stuff). Even leather conditioner I used sparingly for this reason. I also skip sunscreen if I can because apparently I prefer increased cancer risk versus having greasy stuff on me??

Good luck finding something that works, please post back if you find something that does.

Reactions: sceptic
I thought this could help people so posting this (Didn’t find a dedicated thread)

Sunscreen residue ended in the front passenger seats last Sunday. Needless to say less than 10 days after picking up the car I wasn’t very happy.

I tried to do the recommended approach from Tesla with no luck (mild soAp and water). I tried buying detergent from the auto store for vegan leather and nothing worked.

What I ended up doing was using 70 percent alcohol and that finally worked. I was afraid that the alcohol would fade the color of the seats but have not seen that at all.

70 percent alcohol is mentioned for the ultra white seats in the Model S and Model X user manual but is NOT mentioned in the Model 3 user manual.

I always recommend trying in an innocuous area first, but if something bad happens to your seat keep in mind that you have that option.

I love vegan leather now :)
Can you use methylated spirits as the 70% alcohol? Thanks