Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Easter egg for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that the Louis CK definition of amazing* or just regular amazing?

Perhaps that was the purpose of this week's update (.48), since and especially without the aid of so much as a single line of release notes (yes, we've regressed to that again), it surely doesn't seem to do much else.

Admittedly pushing a patch just for a holiday easter egg would be a Nice** Thing to do. Perhaps dovetailed with a lottery for EOY delivery numbers. Not for nothing, but this should be a great year across the board - especially now that Model 3s are shipping.

* Before the recent unpleasantness.

** Not as nice as, well, actual functionality or any of a number of bug fixes, or the feature request to show relative SC pedestal health via multicoloured bars in Nav instead of just red/grey... but nice all the same.

• Funny
Reactions: thecloud and deonb
Last year at this time someone on TMC made a Model S light show video complete with flashing lights and opening doors.
A very clever spoof of the Model X Easter Egg done with 2 kids hidden in the car operating the doors and lights to music :cool:
I wish I could find a copy of the video...

Tessie just claimed to have a software update. Instead an Easter Egg appeared on the About screen.

IMG_6847.JPG

The Mars mode switches us to Google Mars (with a rover for the car), and the car into a BFS.

IMG_6848.JPG

IMG_6849.JPG

The Cow Bell Mode adds rainbows to the autosteer display. Apparently you pull the stock forward 4X while autosteer is running to engage it.

Reactions: MarcoRP
At delivery, my DS showed me something with the charge port. He pressed the button on the charger handle a bunch and the charge port did rainbow colors. I can't recall if the charger handle was in or out of the car's charge port, or exactly what he did.

Tessie just claimed to have a software update. Instead an Easter Egg appeared on the About screen.

View attachment 266946

The Mars mode switches us to Google Mars (with a rover for the car), and the car into a BFS.

View attachment 266947

View attachment 266948

The Cow Bell Mode adds rainbows to the autosteer display. Apparently you pull the stock forward 4X while autosteer is running to engage it.

I'm confused. This stuff (the easter eggs, plus the tray on the about screen that exposes them) has been there for months (if not longer)...

At delivery, my DS showed me something with the charge port. He pressed the button on the charger handle a bunch and the charge port did rainbow colors. I can't recall if the charger handle was in or out of the car's charge port, or exactly what he did.
When the charger handle is in the car, press the button 10 times, each time waiting for a clicking sound from the battery. The charge lights will then flash rainbow colors

Once again, we get another Easter Egg ... and I still cant get a contact photo to display in the placeholder when a call comes in ...

Second Model S since 2012 and they are focusing on useless Easter Eggs.... .SMH

If I were in charge of that Dept., we'd be having a meeting next week.

Ah, it's Christmas. Where's your holiday spirit. Doubt this little easter egg took much work and has brought smiles to so many. Besides I think Tesla has been busy configuring the Model 3 software, and the nav update (hopefully incorporating the camera footage they've been collecting).