Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China’s BYD takes Tesla’s EV top spot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, just don’t want to pay shed loads of money to franchise dealers and legacy automakers who unfairly cheated customers for the last 100 years. I picked up Y from Brent Cross - simple and effective service. No suits and no selling GAP or other extras or cutting deals with car sales man.
I think you may be conflating two separate things.
The direct-sale model is, as you suggest, quite a nice breath of fresh air.
The lack of customisability (is that a word) is something different and somewhat annoying. It does make it easier for Tesla to churn out cars and I guess it was understandable in the earlier years, but it would be nicer to be able to "tweak" your car a bit more by now....
Mind you, I suppose they're still very much on a "ramping up" stage of the company's life so maybe it's still but too early for that...

Nah, just don’t want to pay shed loads of money to franchise dealers and legacy automakers who unfairly cheated customers for the last 100 years. I picked up Y from Brent Cross - simple and effective service. No suits and no selling GAP or other extras or cutting deals with car sales man.

Sounds similar to buying through a broker, except you save many thousands over list price with the broker without having to haggle. The only contact we had with the brokers garage was on collection when we paid for the car and they handed over the ‘keys’ and service booklet to show it had been PDI’d and a couple of dealer fit options. Oh, and it had that new smell too unlike the just recovered from a field look we got with Tesla.

Reactions: Type2
Simple and effective maybe, but why on earth would you buy new in the current market?!

Sounds similar to buying through a broker, except you save many thousands over list price with the broker without having to haggle. The only contact we had with the brokers garage was on collection when we paid for the car and they handed over the ‘keys’ and service booklet to show it had been PDI’d and a couple of dealer fit options. Oh, and it had that new smell too unlike the just recovered from a field look we got with Tesla.
Exactly this. Do people still buy from dealerships in this day and age? More fool them. I’ve bought my last three cars through a broker and it’s a wonderfully painless experience. And I achieved at least a 20% discount on each one.

But discounts aren’t good because Tesla don’t offer them 😂

they handed over the ‘keys’ and service booklet to show it had been PDI’d and a couple of dealer fit options. Oh, and it had that new smell too unlike the just recovered from a field look we got with Tesla.
You like yours and I like mine. I know where I will be if I have your preferences. Unfortunately you sort of torturing yourself for Tesla to change their way. It is like a girl who is not into you and you try all your tricks to get her. Whether you get her or not at the end you will be 😔. Hard luck.

I tried that first time round. Audi were prepared to give me an 18% discount but not the 24% offered by the broker. I haven’t tried since and buying online is easier and more convenient anyway.
I tried that when we bought our Smart BEV, the broker offered £3k off, bringing the price down to £16k after the Govt's £3k contribution. The Merc main dealer refused to offer any discount from list at all so the broker got the deal.

You like yours and I like mine. I know where I will be if I have your preferences. Unfortunately you sort of torturing yourself for Tesla to change their way. It is like a girl who is not into you and you try all your tricks to get her. Whether you get her or not at the end you will be 😔. Hard luck.

Yet again making more incorrect comments to suit your narrative biased on false assumptions of a subject/person that you know nothing about.

n false assumptions of a subject/person that you know nothing about.
It is an online forum unless you tell us we wont know anything about you. Btw whatever you’ve said on that particular comment clearly says you didn’t like the experience of collecting Tesla from a field or car park. That’s what I responded to. And saving thousands etc., happens if you buy from brokers or dealers then please help yourself.

Not only have BYD beaten Tesla in terms of sales in the last quarter, they’ve also beaten them to 3rd party app integration as well… kind of

There is only one question @Zilla91

Nothing else better than that clip of Tom cruise to summarise :)

With the evidence we got, not in a million years. Now here's the thing and there's no way of getting around this, neither me nor most of the others on this forum would buy that BYD, so there's only one question, " what would you do?"

There is only one question @Zilla91

Nothing else better than that clip of Tom cruise to summarise :)

With the evidence we got, not in a million years. Now here's the thing and there's no way of getting around this, neither me nor most of the others on this forum would buy that BYD, so there's only one question, " what would you do?"
I'm not in the market for a new car ;)

• Funny
Reactions: spdpsba