Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats- help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help me understand Charge Stats on my Tesla App. Today I charged my MYP at a public “free” charging station for 2 hours. I am not a registered user of the station, do not have their app, did not swipe my credit card, nor did I pay as far as I know. I did scan the charging station QR code- that’s it. Now on my Tesla App Charge Stats, it states I paid/ was charged $4 today, with a blue bar graph. Blue bar graph indicates Home charging. But I didn’t charge it at home today! What’s going on? Was I charged $4? How? Why blue bar graph when I only charged it at a public charger ?

The Stats page has no knowledge of real payments (outside supercharging). It only looks at the charging you did and tries to figure out the price you must have paid from where you charged. Superchargers are known by Tesla so that's obvious. Home charging is normally figured out by your home address, and your configuration of electricity provider. Is your home address (as tagged in the car's GPS) close to that charging station?

My home address is 1 block away from the public charging station.
Other times I’ve charged at that same public charger and it correctly labels it as “other” on my Tesla app.
Wonder why this time Tesla ‘thought’ it was being charged at home.

The home address is most probably treated as a circle around the point you entered, it might have multiple hundred feet in diameter. I'm not surprised that the public station was treated as home if it's that close.
If you want a more precise system you'll need a different application.

The home address is most probably treated as a circle around the point you entered, it might have multiple hundred feet in diameter. I'm not surprised that the public station was treated as home if it's that close.
If you want a more precise system you'll need a different application.
Thanks. What are options for a ‘different application’ that would be more precise?