Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blink public charging issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model Y about a week ago and have been wanting to charge while at work, the chargers available are started using the mobile app but mg car never starts charging.
Other Tesla's at the same stations don't seem to have any issues and are actively charging.
The blink charger flashes light blue, the Tesla logo is dark blue, as well as my screen indicating that it's ready to charge, and telling me to proceed via charger instructions. The blink mobile app allows me to press "start charging", and waits for me to plug in, then displays 0kW and nothing else.
Saw somewhere to check my connection port so i'll try that today, but i've had no issues at the supercharger; it's just that the closest supercharger is 30 minutes away so the work charger would be much more convenient. Could potentially be my adapter?

Am I just missing something blatantly obvious? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I got my Model Y about a week ago and have been wanting to charge while at work, the chargers available are started using the mobile app but mg car never starts charging.
Other Tesla's at the same stations don't seem to have any issues and are actively charging.
The blink charger flashes light blue, the Tesla logo is dark blue, as well as my screen indicating that it's ready to charge, and telling me to proceed via charger instructions. The blink mobile app allows me to press "start charging", and waits for me to plug in, then displays 0kW and nothing else.
Saw somewhere to check my connection port so i'll try that today, but i've had no issues at the supercharger; it's just that the closest supercharger is 30 minutes away so the work charger would be much more convenient. Could potentially be my adapter?

Am I just missing something blatantly obvious? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Have you added a payment method?

Upvote 0
There is usually a Blink EV Charging Network phone number displayed on the charging station. (The Blink toll free phone number I recently had need to call was 800-663-5633.) In my experience you will be connected to a call center in Mumbai, India. The Blink Customer Service representative will ask you for your name or (email address if you are a Blink user.) They may ask you for the street address, city, state and zip code of the charging station equipment. On the side of the charging station you will see a serial number, i.e. "BAExxxxxx". Provide the Blink Customer Service representative with the charging station serial number. Ask them to remotely reset the charging station from their end. In my experience the remote reset of the Blink charging station may then enable you to charge.

Upvote 0
Have you added a payment method?
i have /: there's a $20 balance in my account currently. i also tried to start the station via phone call; they took my credit card info + another $20 and the station still wouldn't charge... checked the adapter this morning and there doesn't seem to be any physical obstruction... going to try a different blink station tomorrow hopefully, we'll see where that takes me!

Reactions: fholbert
Upvote 0
There is usually a Blink EV Charging Network phone number displayed on the charging station. (The Blink toll free phone number I recently had need to call was 800-663-5633.) In my experience you will be connected to a call center in Mumbai, India. The Blink Customer Service representative will ask you for your name or (email address if you are a Blink user.) They may ask you for the street address, city, state and zip code of the charging station equipment. On the side of the charging station you will see a serial number, i.e. "BAExxxxxx". Provide the Blink Customer Service representative with the charging station serial number. Ask them to remotely reset the charging station from their end. In my experience the remote reset of the Blink charging station may then enable you to charge.

Upvote 0
thank you! i'll give this a try. i did give them a call but i only went a call route that involved speaking to the automated system. will try to reach an actual person next time!

Upvote 0