Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Issue with Superhcarger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there!

Has anyone had issues with charging at a Supercharger?
For the last 3-4 days, i have been unable to charge at my local Supercharger as well as various locations in the area.

I currently have a service date scheduled . Just curious to know if anyone else is having issues with getting a charge from a Supercharger.

However, I am able to get a charge going using my home charger. I'm just unable to use any of the Superchargers.

Note: I've attempted to clean the charging port of any debris.

@makemydayle You've really given us no information at all. The vague word "issues" doesn't say anything about what it's doing. Is the light next to the charge port doing something? What color is it? Are there any messages on the screen complaining about something? What does the charging screen show while it is plugged in?

Reactions: jjrandorin
Any error messages?

Is the credit card associated with the account in good standing and unexpired?
The credit card(s) on file are active and in good standing.

@makemydayle You've really given us no information at all. The vague word "issues" doesn't say anything about what it's doing. Is the light next to the charge port doing something? What color is it? Are there any messages on the screen complaining about something? What does the charging screen show while it is plugged in?

The light would blink blue as the battery is charging and stop blinking with a message saying "battery has stopped charging"

The message that pops up is "Charging station authentication required".

The light would blink blue as the battery is charging and stop blinking with a message saying "battery has stopped charging"

The message that pops up is "Charging station authentication required".
Huh, OK, that one is a little odd and unfamiliar to me. It would be showing green if it were actually doing any charging, so the blinking blue is still in some form of trying to communicate with the station. I don't think I've seen much about messages of authentication. Thanks for the extra detail. I guess good news is that since it is kind of a rare error message, I would hope a service center would know pretty specifically what causes that.

Huh, OK, that one is a little odd and unfamiliar to me. It would be showing green if it were actually doing any charging, so the blinking blue is still in some form of trying to communicate with the station. I don't think I've seen much about messages of authentication. Thanks for the extra detail. I guess good news is that since it is kind of a rare error message, I would hope a service center would know pretty specifically what causes that.

I was thinking the same exact thing. It appears it is attempting to connect or communicate but somewhere along the line it just doesn't draw power.

I think that's why it's been hard to troubleshoot because this didn't seem like a typical error message I've seen or been able to really lookup.
I'll share any details I can post service date.