Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read the manual on charging a few times and I understand the expected behavior -- but I'm seeing something different.

I plug in my car when I returned home at the end of the day, but I have scheduled charging set to begin at, say 10:15pm. The instrument cluster confirms the scheduled charge time, as does the Tesla Model S iPhone app. The color of the ring around the plug turns blue upon insertion. All good and as expected.

Tonight I had to run an errand at 8:30pm and I went out into the garage, but the charge port was rapidly flashing green as if it was taking a charge. The UMC was also showing that it was charging. Looking at the instrument cluster, it still confirmed that charging was scheduled to begin at 10:15pm and it didn't actually appear to be charging based on the current range. It appeared that it wasn't actually charging.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas of what it could be?

I've read the manual on charging a few times and I understand the expected behavior -- but I'm seeing something different.

I plug in my car when I returned home at the end of the day, but I have scheduled charging set to begin at, say 10:15pm. The instrument cluster confirms the scheduled charge time, as does the Tesla Model S iPhone app. The color of the ring around the plug turns blue upon insertion. All good and as expected.

Tonight I had to run an errand at 8:30pm and I went out into the garage, but the charge port was rapidly flashing green as if it was taking a charge. The UMC was also showing that it was charging. Looking at the instrument cluster, it still confirmed that charging was scheduled to begin at 10:15pm and it didn't actually appear to be charging based on the current range. It appeared that it wasn't actually charging.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas of what it could be?

Preheating or battery heating or cooling.