Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Oddity post 2023.44.30.8 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
I just received this update a day or two ago.

My MYLR was scheduled to charge by 7:00am, set to 75%. Started off at 56% when I left it plugged in at 10pm.

Strangely the car started charging at 3:15AM, and stopped at 3:54AM (I was dead asleep), and got to 65%. (** This is very strange, and I cannot explain it **)

Then at 6:10AM the car started to charge again, but could only get to 72% by my departure time, so I left below the 75% I had set the charge to.

Has anyone else experienced these phantom mid-night charges?

Hi,

For a few days nows, I'm getting notifications from the Tesla saying the charging was interrupted. It can happen multiple times during a charging session.
However I do not need to do anything, charging resumes by itself.
No alerts whatsoever in service mode.
I would say it started since I installed the latest car update (2023.44.30.8) so I'm interested to see any follow ups too!

I set up off peak charge and off peak hour end at 6am. My car was at 20% when I plug in. At 9:45PM I have found that it has charged about 135KM already. BTW, the amp was at 40amps while charging.

I dont understand the logic behind this now. I set the max charge to 90%, with 40amps the charge shall never need take more than 6 hours.

Before 9PM my electricity rate is 10 times higher. From 9-11PM the rate is 5 times higher.

Okay I will set the charge starts at 11PM from now on.

BTW, My Y is a MIC LR.

I set up off peak charge and off peak hour end at 6am. My car was at 20% when I plug in. At 9:45PM I have found that it has charged about 135KM already. BTW, the amp was at 40amps while charging.

I dont understand the logic behind this now. I set the max charge to 90%, with 40amps the charge shall never need take more than 6 hours.

Before 9PM my electricity rate is 10 times higher. From 9-11PM the rate is 5 times higher.

Okay I will set the charge starts at 11PM from now on.

BTW, My Y is a MIC LR.
You will also want to set the departure time, that way the Tesla won’t charge until it needs to in order to charge to the desired % until it’s required based on that time.

Also if you have the wall connector you can specify when to allow charging (during cheaper rates) and also when not to allow charging (this will override the default settings on the Tesla).

You will also want to set the departure time, that way the Tesla won’t charge until it needs to in order to charge to the desired % until it’s required based on that time.

Also if you have the wall connector you can specify when to allow charging (during cheaper rates) and also when not to allow charging (this will override the default settings on the Tesla).
My wall charging is old version and not programable . I set both departure and off peak ends time to 6Am in the morning. The charge shall never starts at 8PM previous day with my 40amps wall charger. To me this is a bug.

My wall charging is old version and not programable . I set both departure and off peak ends time to 6Am in the morning. The charge shall never starts at 8PM previous day with my 40amps wall charger. To me this is a bug.
If you set a departure time, then the car will not start charging until a few hours before in order to reach your desired charge % at that departure time.

If you want your car to charge at 8pm then set "schedule charging" to 8pm and it will start charging at 8pm.

If you set departure time then only if you have a level 1 charger (12A @ 120v) where it may take 10+hours will it charge during the off peak times you have set. It may even charge during peak if needed based on the charge rate and where your current SOC is.

This doesn't really apply to why my Model Y charged at 3am in the morning for no reason and then stopped an hour or so later.