Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cats on my Roadster!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My high-tech solution until the static-discharge mats arrive (note one of the offenders watching from the top of the Prius):

April2011

(if image doesn't load, can be found at Picasa Web Albums - Bonnie Norman - April 2011 )

The soft top on my old 124 spider was a cat magnet too. Again, the problem of cat permanence has gone away. I know they cruise all the cars as they are not covered so prints show and there is no reason to believe they skip the small electric one. We have the green outdoor Cal cover not the silky Tesla cover Bonnie shows so maybe it's not as luxurious...

Is there a small light in the garage? Have you tried hanging old CD's or mirrors on a thread at the side of and around the car? Apparently cats don't like the moving reflections.

These two cats would just use them as a grooming aid. To put it in perspective, they lived outside in the rocks for over a year before I moved in and gave them a safe place to live. They dealt with raccoons, coyotes, and other predators (plus weather of all kinds). Shiny CDs just aren't on the list of scary things. :)

For now, the boxes work. I've tried finding a home for them (really, two nice cats ... will come with full vet checkups and a month's worth of food if anyone is interested). But I think we'll just find a way to live together. One of my labs has been eyeing the Roadster ever since he saw it with the top off. He may be my new problem. I'm just glad he doesn't have opposable thumbs, or he'd be in the car already.

• Funny
Reactions: DrGuest
The cats would think it's a 70's disco and get all funky-town with them. CDs hanging is a bird deterrent with a questionable success rate.

I once saw a tiny mouse on my pem so the cats are welcome to hang out and snack all they like.

Win.

(I would not bother with this part in parentheses, but it appears that 'Win.' is only 4 characters and posts are required to be 5 characters or more.) Love the LOLCats and the video and hearing about a cat with opposable thumbs. And yes, the labs would LIKE to be a deterrent, but the cats just get on top of the Roadster when dogs are spotted, so it kind of backfires.

Solution...

I had the same problem with a Z3 and the solution was to sprinkle some large amounts of pepper around the car. For good measure I also sprinkled pepper on the car for a couple of days.

(Cats don't like pepper and they are fast learners)

That did the trick - no more cats and an environmentally friendly solution!

Now don't go and try to salt your car!
Well, I too did read somewhere that pepper should work. Maybe you used too little of it?

But I think the only 100% effective way is too close your Roadster away in a garage.