Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Careful with Summon....update needed?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I used summon to pull out of a tight parking spot, in which the front wheels were in a gutter with an angle into the curb in the front. When I went to summon in reverse, it’s as if the car was in “neutral” first and rolled forward all the way until it hit the curb before it decided to go in reverse! I saw this happening the first time and let go, thinking maybe it was an error in direction, but I hit reverse again and held it through and it rolled forward a foot, hit the curb, then went in reverse until I let go once it was out of the spot.

I just Hit the curb hard, not a big deal in this case, but definitely Can cause some damage if it was in a slight incline as I was and with a car or obstructions in front/behind!

Anyone else notice this? Perhaps in a normal garage scenario the incline is towards the exit of the garage, but this can be a major problem....why would the car roll freely prior to summon?

• Informative
Reactions: GoingVerde
From the manual:

Limitations
Summon is unlikely to operate as intended in the following types of situations:
  • The road is sloped. Summon is designed to operate on flat roads only.
Note: Use Summon on flat driveways only where a raised concrete edge does not exceed approximately 1 in (2.5 cm).

So it is currently not designed to handle a situation in which it can roll freely.

• Informative
Reactions: David L