Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can cybertruck go over curbs / pot holes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what EV vehicles would be suitable to go over a curb or hit a pothole without much worry? Would any Rivian or Hummer EV be able to hit a pothole or curb at full speed like 30-70 mph and nothing happen?

yes and so can the F150L. I have an R1T and it’s has a fantastic air suspension. I’ve driven my friends hummer, makes me kind of want one, and that too I’d drive anywhere. I’ve had the Rivian in some difficult trails and it was a non-issue

i can’t follow your commentary in driving over curbs. Not sure what you mean but the Rivian and Hummer will drive over most anything.

greatly increase risk of pinch flats and rim cracks.
The Telsa 20” have proved robust against cracks though. No problems! Who needs tires?

IMG_8364.jpeg

equals Bad, very bad….
Hopefully they keep the brake calipers small.

These tires are fine for a standard truck. It's about 7" of sidewall. An F-150 platinum has 6.5" sidewall with a 20" wheel. An F-150 tremor (an off-road (ish) package) has 7.5" of sidewall with an 18" wheel. I'm sure eventually they will offer bigger tire options, like other truck makers.

I would prefer an 18" wheel myself, but regular folks have been conditioned that bigger wheels=better.

Reactions: Skavatar
These tires are fine for a standard truck. It's about 7" of sidewall. An F-150 platinum has 6.5" sidewall with a 20" wheel. An F-150 tremor (an off-road (ish) package) has 7.5" of sidewall with an 18" wheel. I'm sure eventually they will offer bigger tire options, like other truck makers.

I would prefer an 18" wheel myself, but regular folks have been conditioned that bigger wheels=better.
With your example the tremor comes with a <32” tire. So you will get similar impact protection angles if running a 38” tire on a 20” rim.

I don’t care as much of the CT comes with 20’s. My issue will be if you can’t fit smaller rims over the brakes. When I bought my LX570 it came with 20’s. Only option was 20 or 22. Within a year (when I sold my g500) I switched out to 17’s.

I'm not sure about a curb at speed, but the roads where I live are TERRIBLE so it's a valid question. I would be fine with a FSD/driver assist that saved you from hitting nasty potholes, but they can be hard to see even with human vision, so it'll probably be a long time before Tesla Vision can handle it.

I'm not sure about a curb at speed, but the roads where I live are TERRIBLE so it's a valid question. I would be fine with a FSD/driver assist that saved you from hitting nasty potholes, but they can be hard to see even with human vision, so it'll probably be a long time before Tesla Vision can handle it.
FSD does a pretty decent job of avoiding them now...certainly better than I do driving manually.

Reactions: Yelobird