Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s happened to me a few times, walk away from the car but it doesn’t lock!
I usually listen for the honk as confirmation which I think is a good feature, but I wish it would send you an alert when you walk out of Bluetooth range but remains unlocked.
If I don’t slam the boot lid, then it doesn’t latch properly and therefore won’t lock.
This happened today, the offside passenger door wasn’t properly closed, and therefore didn’t lock. It’s interesting to note that the app doesn’t show this door on the graphic, so not an obvious cause, but indicates not locked and window not closed.
I realise that the alert I suggested would need some qualification e.g. seats not occupied, and maybe a service/wash mode.

The walk-away lock should work more consistently, and this reply does not address that.

What I will say is that I have been much happier since de-activating walk-away door lock
1. No locking while in my garage
2. When out and about can either lock as I leave using the screen, or lock from the app using the iOS widget

The walk-away lock should work more consistently, and this reply does not address that.

What I will say is that I have been much happier since de-activating walk-away door lock
1. No locking while in my garage
2. When out and about can either lock as I leave using the screen, or lock from the app using the iOS widget
If you don't lock it (in your garage) it won't sleep properly and will waste power

• Disagree
Reactions: Seth2020 and Roy W.
If you don't lock it (in your garage) it won't sleep properly and will waste power

100% NOT true... where did you get that from???

My M3 sleeps like a baby

upload_2020-5-18_12-45-36.png

• Informative
Reactions: Andywil
100% NOT true... where did you get that from???

My M3 sleeps like a baby

View attachment 542739

Don't assume that is the case. There are a number of situations where TeslaFi reports the car as sleeping when it is not, including a setting which if enabled, can indicate an offline car being sleeping when it is actually idle.

3+ days sleeping and counting is absolutely not the case. And that is without the advanced 'Show offline as asleep' setting being enabled.

upload_2020-5-19_7-55-9.png

Don't assume that is the case. There are a number of situations where TeslaFi reports the car as sleeping when it is not, including a setting which if enabled, can indicate an offline car being sleeping when it is actually idle.

3+ days sleeping and counting is absolutely not the case. And that is without the advanced 'Show offline as asleep' setting being enabled.

View attachment 542973

Independent of TeslaFi, I can SEE the car is sleeping
  • The light on the charge port is out
  • Pressing the button on the charge "Wand" does nothing (it will not work until I wake up the car)
So one more time -- the car sleeps fine when left unlocked