Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt they'll run a route through Northern Ontario any time soon. Won't get much use. I think you'll have to go down into the US and come through south of the Great Lakes.

That I understand, but Saskatchewan and Manitoba are still missing support. I guess if/when they get a high enough concentration of Tesla owners in those provinces they will also be allocated SC stations. A bigger issue is a missing service center for the prairies. I heard a rumor that a center is being (or planned to be) built in Calgary soon. Maybe that will break the chicken/egg conundrum of adoption there.

On the west coast is looks like either Squamish or Whistler in the fall, two of the long term ones look like almost certainly Hope and Kamloops. Whistler would make sense having it by the village. Not sure but for people coming from Vancouver with a 60kwh Merritt is too far

There definitely needs to be one between Vancouver and Whistler. I made the run up to Whistler in Feb this year and it was scary, as there wasn't much charging north of Vancouver before Whistler. They can't put the sc in the city of Vancouver, because it would get used by locals too much. I think Squamish or similar would be perfect.

There definitely needs to be one between Vancouver and Whistler. I made the run up to Whistler in Feb this year and it was scary, as there wasn't much charging north of Vancouver before Whistler. They can't put the sc in the city of Vancouver, because it would get used by locals too much. I think Squamish or similar would be perfect.
gotta be honest, if it was by the tim hortons i would use the supercharger almost everyday if they went with one in Squamish. 24/7 use chargers are to be installed by the city across the street from me soon and I'll have a 14-50 up at my motel within two weeks

I see the light, somebody is listening for sure at TM. 2 SC between Mtl and Toronto, a Mtl to Ottawa SC and a Mtl to Qc SC (though I'd prefer North Shore - Trois-Rivières - instead). Drummondville is where it seems to be (I agree with Sly and others)

The first SC from Mtl towards Toronto seems pretty far. Will see if my 60 can make the distance. Looking forward to see how TM will be seen by Hydro-Quebec (competitor, partner, customer???). Seems like I might have spent the $2K for the SC option for something after all.

Now, 2 years of wait...

I see the light, somebody is listening for sure at TM. 2 SC between Mtl and Toronto, a Mtl to Ottawa SC and a Mtl to Qc SC (though I'd prefer North Shore - Trois-Rivières - instead). Drummondville is where it seems to be (I agree with Sly and others)

The first SC from Mtl towards Toronto seems pretty far. Will see if my 60 can make the distance. Looking forward to see how TM will be seen by Hydro-Quebec (competitor, partner, customer???). Seems like I might have spent the $2K for the SC option for something after all.

Now, 2 years of wait...

@pbrulott,

Why two years of wait? It looks like Toronto SCs are operational by Winter 2013... and I bet it'll be even faster than that.

While I understand Tesla needs to be strategic about the placement of SCs and that SK and MB have few Teslas at the moment, I still have the feeling that those of us in the central prairies are paying more (than our US brothers and sisters) and getting less. SCs located along the entire length of the Trans Canada highway would do wonders for addressing the long distance travel and range concerns. I hope this will eventually be implemented.

That I understand, but Saskatchewan and Manitoba are still missing support. I guess if/when they get a high enough concentration of Tesla owners in those provinces they will also be allocated SC stations. A bigger issue is a missing service center for the prairies. I heard a rumor that a center is being (or planned to be) built in Calgary soon. Maybe that will break the chicken/egg conundrum of adoption there.

Remember that the main reason we are paying more is that the Canadian Government is taking import duties on the car. So you're giving the extra money to the government, not Tesla.

I expect it will be some years before we have coast-to-coast connection in Canada via Supercharger. It's more likely that we will get more routes down into the USA.

Really happy to see that supercharger in sqamish will be up before the winter - perfect for skiing this year! Also happy to see the long link from Vancouver to Edmonton will be competed next year. Thanks Tesla! :)

And I hope we can get better charging in Whistler itself. There was enough - I ended up filling up at the Hilton. The Weston had 120v outlets but they could only support 5 amps reliably. And there was the main outside parking lot with some charging spots, plus the city parking lot had 50 amp service.

Outside of those things, I don't think much more was available in Wh, and just a few more cars and it would all be busy there.

I doubt we'll see any kind of Tesla presence out here (MB/SK) for many years to come. We just don't have the population. Our reservations are in the single digits...

Though, I'm happy to be surprised and delighted if they do decide to put something here.

Until then we'll have to make do with Sun Country Highway's charger network (which should be more than adequate by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.