Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is more inefficient and you will use more electricity ($)

If you use the 120 volts charging then, yes, you'll have to use more energy to gather the same amount of energy than if you use a 240 volts...

Just a little check on the «Charger Calculators» and you'll see that difference between them 110/120 volts VS 240 (whatever the amp, not much difference between them)

For the same amount of charge, the 110/120 volts is taking 13,9 kw and would cost 1,66$ when it would cost a 1,27$ (or 10,5 kw) if using the 240 v/24 amp / 1,24$ or 10,3 kw if using a 40 amp charging and same using of energy if using the HPWC...

Tesla Charging | Tesla Motors

I think having separate threads for Western Canada and Eastern Canada makes more sense at this point. I'm interested in progress on all of the ones through BC and probably many people down east are interested in all the ones going on down there.

I would agree with that. While I am interested in what is going on in the east, it is a bit hard to track progress out here in BC and Alberta when I have to wade through dozens of posts debating the logic of locations I will rarely, if ever, visit out east.

Doug_G, would you like to preside over a parting of the posts?

I would agree with that. While I am interested in what is going on in the east, it is a bit hard to track progress out here in BC and Alberta when I have to wade through dozens of posts debating the logic of locations I will rarely, if ever, visit out east.

I agree....each individual SC is too specific, but East/West is fine.

Think I've expressed this before but I'm also in favor of splitting this. Perhaps someone could just start a Western Canada Superchargers Thread and stick a link heresy some of us can subscribe to both. Maybe when another one opens in the west we could update in this thread.

It would take a lot of work to separate the nearly 1600 posts into appropriate sections. (Heck the first 1000 posts should go into a separate thread called "Canadian Supercharger Whingeing" - don't worry, I'm including my posts in that!)

How about we draw a line in the sand, and split the discussion from here on?

Okay, I've started two threads. Please discontinue further discussion in this thread. I will, in fact, move out any further messages that appear here. So please don't post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.