Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAN bus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help...., I'm troubleshooting my Roadster which has gone into a VDS Error ID:1900 VDS-VMS Comms Fault state.

Does anyone have a can bus log capture from OVMS, perphaps using SavvyCAN for all three buses on the OVMS? Does anyone have a dbc file for the CAN1 bus? Does anyone know the CAN IDs that should be present on CAN1?

My 2010 Roadster VIN #543 has gone into an Error ID:1900 state and the only thing powered up is the VDS so I can't interract this anything in the car. I can monitor the buses but haven't found any dbc files for CAN1 (VMS, VDS, TPMS, Instruments on the bus) and I can see messages from the VDS (CAN ID 0x102) and some from CAN ID 0x101 (don't know which devices sends that message), but nothing else.

The other buses for which there is a dbc file show messages between the VMS, the Switchpack, the CSB, the BSM and the BSB and the only message that seems abnormal is that what I think is the APS appears to be measuring 0.125V and appears to be in the off state.

I've captured messages from start up (plugging in the ESS Disconnect plug) but I don't know how to determine what I should be seeing, particularly on CAN1. If anyone has dbc file for that bus it would me useful also as it would help me understand the CAN IDs used on that bus.

I suspect that the VMS is not enabling the APS at startup for some reason, and I haven't been able to isolate the conditions that are preventing that from happening.

Thanks for feedback anyone.

Does anyone have a can bus log capture from OVMS, perphaps using SavvyCAN for all three buses on the OVMS? Does anyone have a dbc file for the CAN1 bus? Does anyone know the CAN IDs that should be present on CAN1?

I haven't seen any dbc files for the instrument bus, but in case you haven't already found it, this post links to the most complete description of the messages on that bus that I am aware of.