Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone share their experience using a Tesla collision center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Specifically the Tesla collision center in Orlando, FL? I was rear-swiped recently in a hit and run leaving some damage, a detailing shop was able to get most of the damage out but there are parts of the number where the paint is completely gone and the rear quarter panel has a slight curve to it where its not flush with the bumper. Since I recently picked up my Tesla I know there are a few things my Service Center won't be able to do that I noted at delivery (paint chip/swirl near hood, interior driver pillar not flush with roof panel whereas the passenger side is perfect and my charge port door sticks really far out at the bottom) where they will most likely tell me to take it to a service center.

With the damage that was done in the hit-and-run accident, the quotes I have been getting at the Tesla Certified body shops near me are around $1400 since they want to repaint the entire bumper and replace the rear quarter panel. Would taking it to the Tesla Collision Center be better in terms of price or if they could just repaint the section where the damage is, if I'm going to have to take my car to a body shop anyway to fix the defects I found when I picked up the car? I would assume I would also be able to get a rental car while mine is being fixed, something that the certified body shops don't offer.

Also, would Tesla report an accident on my car if I take it to their collision center if there is no police report or insurance report from the accident? I plan on just paying fully out of pocket and learning to avoid all white Subaru outbacks on the road (the car that hit me and ran off lol). The damages look so minor with the MSM paint but I just know they are there which hurts me on a brand new car, my phone was having a hard time picking up the chips.

Attachments

• IMG_1628.jpeg
    IMG_1628.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1629.jpeg
    IMG_1629.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1631.jpeg
    IMG_1631.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 120
No, but I will soon. Will be going to a collision center in Roseville Ca in early December (the earliest I could get an appointment). I'll let you know how my experience turns out. I was surprised to learn that not every collision center is authorized to work on Tesla's.